Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Steve Lianoglou <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/27 23:42:55 UTC

Article of interest: Flightcaster.com + hadoop + machine learning

Hi all,

First: I'm just a lurker here, but like what you all are doing, keep
up the good work!

Second: I ran across this article and thought the people here would be
interested in reading it, if you haven't already.

It's an interview with Brad Cross ("the machine learning guy" from
flightcaster.com) talking shop about using hadoop to implement their
ML algos + other stuff. No mention of mahout, but interesting
nonetheless ;-)

http://www.datawrangling.com/how-flightcaster-squeezes-predictions-from-flight-data

Enjoy,
-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou

Re: Article of interest: Flightcaster.com + hadoop + machine learning

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Aug 27, 2009, at 5:42 PM, Steve Lianoglou wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> First: I'm just a lurker here, but like what you all are doing, keep
> up the good work!
>
> Second: I ran across this article and thought the people here would
> be interested in reading it, if you haven't already.
>
> It's an interview with Brad Cross ("the machine learning guy" from
> flightcaster.com) talking shop about using hadoop to implement their
> ML algos + other stuff. No mention of mahout, but interesting
> nonetheless ;-)
>
> http://www.datawrangling.com/how-flightcaster-squeezes-predictions-from-flight-data

Thanks.  Nice article!