Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Martin Koch <ma...@issuu.com> on 2012/10/10 11:29:44 UTC

Upgrading hardware on a node in a cluster

Hi List

I'd like to migrate my nodes in a cluster to new hardware, moving one node
at a time.

I'm running the cluster in Amazon, so I don't get to pick the ip number of
each host myself.

I'd like to decommision, say, the node with token 0, and bring that node up
on the new hardware (which will have a new IP number).

Can anyone provide me with a recipe for doing this? I've looked around and
read about nodetool move, which didn't make me much wiser.

Thanks for your help,
/Martin Koch - Issuu - Senior Systems Architect

Re: Upgrading hardware on a node in a cluster

Posted by "B. Todd Burruss" <bt...@gmail.com>.
if you have N nodes in your cluster, add N new nodes using the new
hardware, then decommision the old N nodes.

(and migrate to VPC like dean said)

Posted by "Hiller, Dean" <De...@nrel.gov>.