Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/15 03:28:36 UTC

Struts html:link and html:form not rendered as portlet uri

Hi, I'm not sure what I am doing wrong yet but the struts taglibs do not
render portlet URLs. Is there something I must do to  make this happen? I am
using the 1.2.6-1.0 struts bridge with the PortletTilesRequestProcessor.
Seems to happen automagically in the jpetstore sample.

--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy

Re: Struts html:link and html:form not rendered as portlet uri

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Philip Mark Donaghy wrote:
> On 6/15/06, Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> wrote:
>>
>> Philip Mark Donaghy wrote:
>> > Thanks Ate, that's just what I needed. The app works well until I
>> maximize
>> > the portlet. The following content is rendered in the portlet.
>> >
>> > #correct.action {} #correct.action #form_submit {} #incorrect.action {}
>> > #incorrect.action #form_submit {}
>> You mean that is rendered as the full content???
>> I can't make anything from this.
>> Did you check the jetspeed.log and/or your console for possible error
>> messages/stack traces?
>> >
>> > "correct" and "incorrect" are the forms in the first page.
>> >
>> > I also got your comment about the guide. Too simple :) ok. I was not
>> > putting
>> > any velocity in the templates.
>> Which means Tomcat simply served the plain content of the word.vm as
>> text.
>> > I'll look into the demos to find something
>> > interesting to put in there. And I didn't know that the
>> > BridgesVelocityViewServlet was required.
>> Well, any servlet capable of executing Velocity will do, but the Bridge
>> version
>> also makes the standard Portlet objects available to the templates, just
>> like the defineObjects
>> portlet tag for jsp, so its more appropriate within a Portlet context.
>>

>> > I'm trying to patch Andromda (the UML MDA I spoke to you about at
>> ApacheCon
>> > San Diego) to support portlets. It generates struts, jsf, and .net
>> > applications from uml models. Direct support for JSR-168 would be
>> great.
>> So
>> > far the changes are minimal.
>> Sounds nice :)
>> You're just working on Struts portlet support or also for jsf (which
>> might
>> even be easier)?
>

> Yes I would like to build in support for both struts and jsf. Andromda
> struts templates are quite complex because there is support for browsing
> datasets as tables, much like the DB Browser, but andromda uses displaytag
> which I know has some issues running in a portlets. Chris documented
> this so
> I should be able to get it to work. Your right jsf may be simpler but I
> have
> not looked into it yet. Will do around ApacheCon, are you going to be
> there?
No, although I planned to.
But I definitely will try to be at the ApacheCon US in October.

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ate, that's just what I needed. The app works well until I maximize
the portlet. The following content is rendered in the portlet.

#correct.action {} #correct.action #form_submit {} #incorrect.action {}
#incorrect.action #form_submit {}

"correct" and "incorrect" are the forms in the first page.

I also got your comment about the guide. Too simple :) ok. I was not putting
any velocity in the templates. I'll look into the demos to find something

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.