Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by David B Funk <db...@engineering.uiowa.edu> on 2019/08/07 20:57:18 UTC

who is IADB and why does this spam get a -3.8 score?

This afternoon I found a spam in one of my spam-traps that was sent via
constantcontact.com and got a whopping -3.8 from IADB rules.

Why does this spam source get such a boost?

     -0.0 RCVD_IN_IADB_LISTED    RBL: Participates in the IADB system
     -0.1 RCVD_IN_IADB_SPF       RBL: IADB: Sender publishes SPF record
     -1.5 RCVD_IN_IADB_OPTIN     RBL: IADB: All mailing list mail is opt-in
     -2.2 RCVD_IN_IADB_VOUCHED   RBL: ISIPP IADB lists as vouched-for sender
     -0.0 RCVD_IN_IADB_SENDERID  RBL: IADB: Sender publishes Sender ID record

In particular how can they claim "All mailing list mail is opt-in" for a message
sent to a spam-trap address that has never been used in any way other than a
spam-trap? (IE never used to send mail, never listed as a contact address, etc).

The message had a "unsubscribe" link but no "report spam" functions.

Why should we have to "unsubscribe" an address that was never subscribed at all?
(that would tend to give legitimacy to the spammer's claims that it was
subscribed/opt-in ).

who should I report this travesty to?

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

Re: who is IADB and why does this spam get a -3.8 score?

Posted by "Anne P. Mitchell, Esq." <am...@isipp.com>.
The offending sender has been terminated by the ESP.

Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal anti-spam law)
Legislative Consultant