Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com> on 2005/07/01 05:16:19 UTC

M1 head build error on xdoc plugin

I have been unable to build head from bootstrap for quite awhile (couple of
weeks?).  Does bootstrap build work for others (or known to be broken at the
moment)?

I see a number of these types of messages throughout the build messages:
     [exec] Tag library requested that is not present: 'artifact' in plugin:
'plugin'
     [exec] Tag library requested that is not present: 'doc' in plugin:
'jar'

Can't remember from before if they existed or not when I had clean compiles.

The build ends with compile errors on xdoc plugin.  Here is the first
compile error:
     [exec]     [javac]
C:\devroot\reference\maven\maven-1\plugins\trunk\xdoc\src\main\org\apache\ma
ven\DependencyDescriberBean.java:23: cannot find symbol
     [exec]     [javac] symbol  : class Project
     [exec]     [javac] location: package org.apache.maven.project
     [exec]     [javac] import org.apache.maven.project.Project;

The summary is it cannot find 3 files:
Project
EnhancedStringTokenizer
MavenUtils

This also appears at the start of the "Installing Maven XDoc Plug-in"
section
     [exec] Artifact 'C:\Documents and
Settings\jjensen\.maven\repository\maven\jars\maven-1.0.2.jar' not found to
add to classpath

Not sure why it would refer to thy younger sibling like that!