Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by ma...@tcs.com on 2008/01/09 08:12:24 UTC

Using the Web Application Demo

Hello folks,

I'm really in a bad spot... I have to make a reccomendation for a back-end
technology and JackRabbit looks like the right thing to use.

The problem is that I can't do a demo. I deploy the
jackrabbit-webapp-1.3.3.war to my web server (WebLogic), create the
repository without bothering to remember the name, and then...

I can't do nothing. I have the basic screen telling me my options, but they
are not helpful. After 10 minutes of guessing, I figure out the
username/password for the web-based view.

There is no doc on the website or in the WAR that gives any indication.

I can't even use JCR Explorer because the JNDI name to lookup is not
displayed anywhere, I am trying to RMI using JCR Controller, but that
doesn't work either (could not connect to the default port). I try to go
through Windows' WEBDAV feature and it tells me that its invalid.
I've just spent 2 hours of cluelessness on this and I'm sure you can
understand my frustration.

Maybe its obvious to an experienced Web Developer, but you can say that I'm
the representative end-user in this case here...

If I can't find a way to make this work I won't be able to reccomend using
this technology. Is there any brainless HOWTO out there that Google didn't
pick up?

Marc-Andre Laverdiere-Papineau
Tata Consultancy Services
Yantra Park -(STPI)
2nd Pokharan Road,
Opp HRD Voltas Center,Subash Nagar
Thane - 400 601,Maharashtra
India
Mailto: marcandre.laverdiere@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                  Business Solutions
                  Outsourcing

=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Using the Web Application Demo

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
we have recently polished the web application and added documentation. please
try the preview version jukka published:
http://people.apache.org/~jukka/jackrabbit/1.4-rc1/

regards
  marcel

Posted by ben short <ja...@gmail.com>.
Although having said that, in tomcats std out log there is information
about the rmi and jndi configuration.

Here is what i see for the rmi config..

rmiName: jackrabbit.repository
rmiUri //localhost:1099/jackrabbit.repository
rmiPort 1099
rmiHost localhost

Posted by ben short <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,