Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Nataraj Rashmi - rnatar <Ra...@acxiom.com> on 2012/09/12 04:13:26 UTC

How to not output the key

Hello,

I have simple map/reduce program to merge input files into one big output files. My question is, is there a way not to output the key from the reducer to the output file? I only want the value, not the key for each record.

Thanks

privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank You.

Re: How to not output the key

Posted by Manoj Babu <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You have to specify the reducer key out type as NullWritable.

Cheers!
Manoj.

Re: How to not output the key

Posted by Manoj Babu <ma...@gmail.com>.