Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Daan <da...@apache.org> on 2022/12/01 13:35:35 UTC

Re: FOSDEM 2023

I plan to be there. As for the stand/booth, I am happy to take a shift, but here that cloudstack is planning a booth as well, so I might have to man that as well. I'll clone if needed ;)

Re: FOSDEM 2023

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Excellent and thanks Myrle!

Re: FOSDEM 2023

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.
Ah. Better late than never (I completely missed the page).

Re: FOSDEM 2023

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 2, 2023 at 9:08 PM Sharan F <sh...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Arnout
>
> Thanks for volunteering to help with booth setup.
>
> Booth setup starts at around 8.30am on Saturday morning and we need to have
> everything setup by 10am. At the end of the day we need to close and leave
> by around 5.30pm.
>
> Our booth is located in K building and we have position 11. I am planning
> to get there between 8.30am and 9am.
>
> I am bringing a table cloth and banner with the ASF logos. Those don't take
> too long to setup. I also have hundreds of stickers and some swag that we
> need to put out and ration throughout the day.
>
> Yes it would be good to have a few more people sign up for time on the
> booth as it can get really tiring and everyone needs a break after a couple
> of hours.
>
> Hopefully see you over the weekend.
>
> Thanks
> Sharan

I will be there too. It'll be my first time at FOSDEM (I live close
by, but never made it there), so I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm
looking forward to the busy chaos.

I'll try to get there early (8.30 am might be pushing it, but I'll
try) so I might be able to help with setup too.

I can also help out a bit with "booth duty", no problem. I'll put my
name on the wiki ...

See you all there,
--
Johan
(Subversion PMC and ASF member)

Re: FOSDEM 2023

Posted by Sharan F <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Arnout

Re: FOSDEM 2023

Posted by Arnout Engelen <en...@apache.org>.

Re: FOSDEM 2023

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi All
It looks like our stand is going to be on the ground floor this year.

https://fosdem.org/2023/stands/

As long as I can remember we have been up at the top of the stairs on the first floor - so it will be a new experience. We have been asked to ensure that there is someone at the booth at all times - from memory the tables generally have enough space for two people comfortably (with chairs) and three if standing.

We have lots of stickers left over from ApacheCon so will be bringing those along. I still need to do a bit of an inventory to see what swag we have that I can bring.

We may have some funding left in the ComDev budget to order some stickers for projects that haven't had any printed and are planning to be represented at FOSDEM.
Please add your project name to the table at the bottom of the wiki page if you'd like to have some stickers available. (At the moment I see only Pekko would like some).

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COMDEV/FOSDEM+2023

It's not too long to the event so will post more details as we get closer.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: FOSDEM 2023

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.