Posted to user@flume.apache.org by saverio mucci <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/12 12:29:01 UTC

Flume restart after sync destination failure

Hi all!
I'm a new user to the ML and to Flume too.

I started using flume to make sure that all my data gets into hbase from
the frontend http server and i'm quite satisfied.
The problem i got is connected to the moments when hbase does not respond
correctly like a crash/or network problem then flume keep storing the
events but does not send them to the synk without any error in the log file
just increasing the size of the queue.
All starts to work correctly again only when i restart the flume agent that
then starts to flush the enqueued data.

I'm using flume 1.4.0

Thank you all in advance
Best
Saverio Mucci

Re: Flume restart after sync destination failure

Posted by Sharninder <sh...@gmail.com>.
slightly unrelated but I've seen the flume file source also "hang" a few
times on me. Restarting solved my problem. Can't really say more since I
don't have a lot of data but flume failing on you is a problem and is the
reason a lot of people develop their own "custom collectors".

On a related note, what are my options for monitoring data flow in a flume
pipeline ?

Posted by saverio mucci <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com>.

--