Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Dan Martin <dp...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/09 22:31:00 UTC

Qpid connectivity broke when moved behind firewall

Hi,

I have a working qpid installation.  When it is moved behind a firewall, we
have connectivity issues.  We have used wireshark to capture the packets
when attempting to use the java management console to connect to the qpid
instance.  We are seeing that it is connecting to the JMX ConnectorServer
port ok, but is missing the UnicastRef2 value when replying to the client.
When not behind the firewall, UnicastRef2 has the ip of the machine hosting
the qpid instance.  Has anyone dealt w/ a similar issue before?

Thanks,

Dan

Re: Qpid connectivity broke when moved behind firewall

Posted by Dan Martin <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

We resolved w/ a workaround by adding an entry to /etc/hosts of machine
running the Qpid broker.  This caused the UnicastRef2 to send the correct IP
to the client and all is well.  So, looks like an issue w/ our
infrastructure setup.

Thanks,

Dan

Posted by Marnie McCormack <ma...@googlemail.com>.