Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Je...@nlgroup.ca on 2002/06/04 16:47:46 UTC

General Validator Questions..

I think I understand the principals behind the validation module and hope to be
using it a prototype very soon (1.1b).
I like how it manages a javascript library.
I do have a question though.

Question:
Is it wise to mix other javascript related functions that may need to use the
same validation code as the validator?

Detail:
I have several dynamic list pages with checkboxes and text boxes.   Upon submit
to the server I need to validate each row .  It seems as though this is possible
with the validator, but I will also need to populate this box from another field
on a checkbox onlick and then do some other work.    The problem is that I also
need to validate this text field (before doing the work).
It seems to me that I should not depend on the validation code that is managed
by the validator.   I was hoping not to have separate validation routine for
this.   Should I mix this kind of stuff.  I almost feel that for this page I
should keep some specific js code specific to this page and leave the validator
out of it.

Am I missing something?