Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "JACOB, ERIC" <er...@bell.ca> on 2003/10/16 21:10:31 UTC

Customization in the new Portal Engine

Hi all,

I tried the new Portal Engine demo (not the portal-fw) and I noticed that it
doesn't allow customization of the portal by the users in the same way that
the portal-fw example allows. How I can enable this feature?

Thanks,

Eric

Re: Customization in the new Portal Engine

Posted by Jens Maukisch <co...@maukisch.net>.
Hi,

> I tried the new Portal Engine demo (not the portal-fw) and I noticed that it
> doesn't allow customization of the portal by the users in the same way that
> the portal-fw example allows. How I can enable this feature?

An administration and customisation interface is not implemented yet,
the configuration atm can only be done maually in the configuration files.

The new portal engine ist still in an alpha state, as mentioned in
this message from Carsten: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=106519909228954&w=2

--
* best regards
* Jens Maukisch

RE : Customization in the new Portal Engine

Posted by Laurent Trillaud <lt...@jouve.fr>.
You have no GUI to customize, but the customization is more powerful
than the first portal framework.
To do it, you can change any files in the directory skins/common (XSL,
CSS, GIF, ...). You can even create your own skin and switch it in the
portal sitemap with the global variable
	  <map:global-variables>
		<skin>skins/common/</skin>
	  </map:global-variables>
Right now, the new portal engine is provided with 2 skins: basic and
common.

Laurent Trillaud