Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Liu, Richard" <ri...@verizon.com> on 2004/02/10 22:43:45 UTC

Javascript in top.vm

HiAll,

We have implemented top.vm to display a multi-level menu for the top
navigation. When one menu item is selected, its submenu items are
expanded and displayed. We implemented this using JavaScript. However,
the expanded submenu disappears immediately and the page is reloaded.
What is the underlying mechanism which leads to this reloading? Any
suggestions are highly appreciated.

Richard

Re: Javascript in top.vm

Posted by Stijn de Witt <St...@chello.nl>.
I've been messing with JavaScript and Jetspeed too. I guess this has got
something to do with your action=".." html attributes...Could you post the
html source?

-Stijn

RE: Javascript in top.vm

Posted by Bob Fleischman <bo...@mindspring.com>.
Have you tried your javascript on a simple HTML page? Before you blame
Jetspeed be sure your code is ok. (I say that have in jest and
three-quarters from banging my head against the jetspeed wall for quite a
while.)

We are using a drop down menu by including some js pages and it works fine.
We put our stuff in the GlobabMacros.vm so it would be included with every
generated page.