Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ramkrishna S Vasudevan <ra...@huawei.com> on 2011/07/05 09:09:34 UTC

RE: FW: Reg: The HLog that is created in region creation

Hi all,

Sorry Ted for not sending to the dev@ list.

Few more queries related to splitting

1. As per the flow when compaction is happening there may be few more store
files created due to flushing.
2. Suppose initially 3 Store files have been selected for compaction at the
end of compaction process i will get 1 storefile.
Parallely due to flushing some 3 store files were created.

So after step 2 my total store files in 4.

3. Now inorder to get the midkey for splitting we iterate through all the
store files and find the midkey from the largest store file(Correct me if am
wrong).
4. this largest store file may be the store file that was created as part of
compaction.

Now how does the midkey selected will encompass all the 4 store files keys?

Why i have this doubt is while splitting all the store files are moved into
the new regions created as part of split.

So all the 4 store files are now moved to both the new regions created.

Pls help me in understanding this flow.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ram

but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
When hbase.hstore.blockingStoreFiles is reached in one Store, updates are
blocked for this HRegion until a compaction is completed.

Regards

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 12:09 AM, Ramkrishna S Vasudevan <

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.