Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Merrill Medansky <me...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/18 01:02:21 UTC

Opening .wk1 files

I downloaded and installed Apache Open Office, tried using it to open my
old .wk1 files, and did not get an error message but the files did not
open. I then discovered that my .wk1 files have all been converted to
OpenOffice files. Now what am I supposed to do to open the files? Nothing
seems to work.

Thanks,
Merrill Medansky

Re: Opening .wk1 files

Posted by Robyn Jamison <ro...@gmail.com>.
I’m not an expert, but I would try emailing them to yourself and then opening them from there.

robyn
On Mar 21, 2013, at 4:02 PM, Don Daugherty wrote:

On 2/17/2013 6:02 PM, Merrill Medansky wrote:
> I downloaded and installed Apache Open Office, tried using it to open my
> old .wk1 files, and did not get an error message but the files did not
> open. I then discovered that my .wk1 files have all been converted to
> OpenOffice files. Now what am I supposed to do to open the files? Nothing
> seems to work.
>
> Thanks,
> Merrill Medansky

I think .wk1 is an old QuattroPro extension.  If so open it in some version of that program and SaveAs a .xls, which Calc can then open.
Be forewarned tho, that the conversion may be imperfect -- some QuattroPro functions have no exact Excel equivalent.

Re: Opening .wk1 files

Posted by Don Daugherty <dd...@sunflower.com>.

Re: Opening .wk1 files

Posted by Harry Neutel and Associates <eu...@gmail.com>.
.wk1 is a Lotus 123 extension. If you have this program installed still try
opening it with the program itself.

On 17 February 2013 19:02, Merrill Medansky <me...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I downloaded and installed Apache Open Office, tried using it to open my
> old .wk1 files, and did not get an error message but the files did not
> open. I then discovered that my .wk1 files have all been converted to
> OpenOffice files. Now what am I supposed to do to open the files? Nothing
> seems to work.
>
> Thanks,
> Merrill Medansky

Eugene Neutel
Harry Neutel and Associates

Phone/Fax: 905-349-2964
Cell phone: 905-396-5776
-----------

The information in this e-mail is intended solely for the addressee(s)
named, and is confidential. Any other distribution, disclosure or
copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please reply by e-mail to the sender and delete or destroy all
copies of this message.

Les renseignements contenus dans le présent message électronique sont
confidentiels et concernent exclusivement le(s) destinataire(s)
ésigné(s). Il est strictement interdit de distribuer ou de copier ce
message. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez répondre par
courriel à l'expéditeur et effacer ou détruire toutes les copies du
présent message..

Re: Opening .wk1 files

Posted by Mike Hobart <mi...@gmail.com>.
Is it possible to get a word count in the text, or do you always have to go
back to tools.

Thanks

Mike Hobart

Re: Opening .wk1 files