Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Kouhei Sutou <ko...@clear-code.com> on 2018/09/25 05:00:14 UTC

Donate C (GLib) bindings for C++ implementation

Hi,

I want to donate Parquet C (GLib) bindings for Parquet C++
implementation:

  https://github.com/red-data-tools/parquet-glib

It just implements Arrow file reader/writer for now. I'll
implement more features later.

Could you please any feedback for this? Is this useful for
Parquet project? Should I work on separated repository?

Background:

I'm the author of Arrow C (GLib) bindings for Arrow C++
implementation. Parquet C (GLib) bindings uses Arrow C
(GLib) bindings. Parquet C++ implementation has been merged
to Arrow repository recently. So, it's convenient for me
that Parquet C (GLib) bindings exists in the Arrow
repository.

This project got a pull request today:
https://github.com/red-data-tools/parquet-glib/pull/2

I thought that it's better that I donate this project to
Parquet project if C (GLib) bindings are useful for Parquet
project.

kou

Re: Donate C (GLib) bindings for C++ implementation

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
I have started a vote thread on dev@arrow. I realized just after I
sent the e-mail that it may have been better on dev@parquet (where
this thread is), but the difference is not material

Thanks
Wes

Posted by "Uwe L. Korn" <uw...@xhochy.com>.
Hello Kou,