Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Jenkins <da...@mdcreate.com> on 2002/09/23 06:48:12 UTC

Security question

I'm trying to retrieve the userid that logged into apache and accessed
the current JSP page.  How can I get this info?

Explanation: I'm implementing a very crude security system on my site
for right now (mainly to just keep people from accessing the email
addresses and photos on the site), but I need to implement a password
change page.  So what I did (and yes I know it's a hack 8), I
implemented a JNI interface to call htpasswd in the background.  I'm
trying to have an html page (that's in a secured area of course) post
the new password to a jsp page which will in turn retrieve the logged in
userID and call the interface class.

Any help would be appreciated,
    David J
--
If you only compete with yourself,
     you can always be a winner. - David Jenkins

Re: Security question

Posted by Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net>.
Hi David,

if it weren't Apache I would say: try
HttpServletRequest.getUserPrincipal().getName(). Maybe it could
be that this also works with Apache...

Andreas