Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Martina08 <ma...@gmx.de> on 2008/09/09 13:49:44 UTC

compiling rpath

hi all,
in the axis2C manual there is a compile command g++........ -ldl -Wl,--rpath
-Wl,$AXIS2C_HOME/lib
What does mean the -Wl and --rpath? Because i get error when i compile under
my IDE(Kdevelop) and think that this is the reason. Must i include something
else?
best regards

Re: compiling rpath

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 9:16 PM, Martina08 <ma...@gmx.de> wrote:
That error says it can't find the required shared libraries, there may be an
option to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH from your IDE. Try setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH
to the location of Axis2/C libs.
-Rajika

http://wso2.org/
http://llvm.org/
http://www.osdev.org/

Re: compiling rpath

Re: compiling rpath

Posted by Martina08 <ma...@gmx.de>.
hi,
in which directory i must execute the configure command? Because i have
execute a configure in AXIS2C_HOME/samples and then there where no error by
compiling and linking.
Now i get a error message when i execute the programm:

/home/lxuser/kDevelopProjekte/.....: error while loading shared libraries:
libneethi.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

By all means the configure execution has effect something but not correct i
think.
best regards and thanks=)

Re: compiling rpath

Posted by Martina08 <ma...@gmx.de>.
hi,
so i must first download the apache server. It is required to verify the
integrity of the download site? It seems very complex.
when i download the apache server in the manual is the command:
./configure --with-apache2="<apache2 httpd include files location>" [other
configure options]
Where is the configure file? I cant execute the command.

Also i dont understand why it works when i compile on console? There are no
error resulting the APR libraries. Why does the Compiler find them but not
when i compile under an IDE?

--
Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc

Re: compiling rpath

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
When you build Axis2/C, Apache module is optional. It will be built only if
you configure to build with it. If you want to build the apache module
(mod_axis2) then definitely you need the Apache server installed in your
machine. You can find more information about this in the axis2
manual<http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/docs/axis2c_manual.html>.

Thanks,
Supun..

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Martina08 <ma...@gmx.de> wrote:

> hi,
> is it required that you have install the source of axis2C to install the
> Apache server? I dont find a manual for installing apache server or for
> getting the APR libraries for binary. Must i downloaded the apache server
> separatly?

Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc

Re: compiling rpath

Re: compiling rpath

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
These unresolved symbols are from the Apache APR library. This library ships
with Apache server. Please include that as well.

Supun..

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 5:17 PM, Martina08 <ma...@gmx.de> wrote:

> hi,
> i added to my libraries -lneethi -lmod_axis2 -lguththila -laxis2_minizip
> -laxis2_http_common and now i have error resulting the library
> libmod_axis2.so:
> undefined reference to ápr_rmm_init´
> undefined reference to áp_hook_child_init´
> undefined reference to ´apr_global_mutex_create´
> is there somebody who know what is the reason? Why bitch only the one
> library?

Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc

Re: compiling rpath

Posted by Martina08 <ma...@gmx.de>.
hi all,
first thank you for all your great help!!!!
Now it works fine. My mistake was that i only set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the
axis2 libs, because i must set the LIBRARY_PATH to these libs too. I think
there is a great different between LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LIBRARY_PATH.
But now im very happy,thanks

best regards

Re: compiling rpath

Posted by Stephen Chatman <sm...@gmail.com>.
Your initial email contained a question about -Wl,rpath which is included to
compile the path in for the library into the binary.   This is and can be
done in lieu of using LD_LIBRARY_PATH statements to specify the path of
required libraries.   If you have a different version of a library in 2
separate paths, the version you are attempting to link against may not have
any of the functions you've listed below while the library specified in the
-Wl,rpath option may indeed contain those functions,  Try using the -L
option to specify the library path specified in the -Wl,rpath option and see
if that helps.

Re: compiling rpath