Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Keshavan, Rango" <ra...@fmr.com> on 2007/10/05 16:35:20 UTC

Portlet Preference Caching settings

Hi,

We have two Websphere instances of Jetspeed hitting the same database in
our load balanced configuration.  We're using the OJB layer for
persistance to an Oracle database.

We're having a problem in Portlet Preferences being cached, so when it's
updated from one server, the 2nd server's cache isn't invalidated.  Are
there any settings for this?  We also tried working with the ehcache.xml
settings (preferencesCache), which didn't solve the issue...

Thanks!

Rango Keshavan
ASTS
Internal:   8-721-4289
External:  603-721-4289

Re: Portlet Preference Caching settings

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Oct 5, 2007, at 7:35 AM, Keshavan, Rango wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have two Websphere instances of Jetspeed hitting the same
> database in
> our load balanced configuration.  We're using the OJB layer for
> persistance to an Oracle database.
>
> We're having a problem in Portlet Preferences being cached, so when
> it's
> updated from one server, the 2nd server's cache isn't invalidated.
> Are
> there any settings for this?  We also tried working with the
> ehcache.xml
> settings (preferencesCache), which didn't solve the issue...

Take a look at the ehcache.xml "documentation" (inline in the file)

You will need to:

1. uncomment this bit on the preferencesCache

<!--
         <cacheEventListenerFactory

class="net.sf.ehcache.distribution.RMICacheReplicatorFactory"
                 properties="replicateAsynchronously=true,
replicatePuts=false,
                             replicateUpdates=false,
replicateUpdatesViaCopy=false,
                             replicateRemovals=true"/>
   -->

2. setup the distribution discovery by uncommented the code below

     (Enable for distributed operation)

  <cacheManagerPeerProviderFactory

class="net.sf.ehcache.distribution.RMICacheManagerPeerProviderFactory"
             properties="peerDiscovery=automatic,
                         multicastGroupAddress=230.0.0.1,
                         multicastGroupPort=4446, timeToLive=1"/>