Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ba...@freenet.de on 2003/09/12 11:05:03 UTC

deployment problems

hello,
i have just completed a course on web programming where all the practical work was done on a windows box. now i try to redo everything on my linux (suse 8.2) machine and i keep hitting problems. i have checkeed the archive for "deployment" and if the right clue is there i didnt identify it hence this:

situation:
==========
* installed are jdk1.4.x and tomcat 4.1.x as out of the box.
* i have taken the sample webapp we developed during the course and put it (the whole subdir, that is: classfiles, jsp, html, web.xml) in the webapps subdir.
* i have created a context entry through the admin application that all but copies the examples entry.
* pointing browser to <http://localhost:8080/MyApp/myappstart.jsp> does produce the desired result, however any furher activity - like clicking a login button - produces a <404 resource package.Classname not available> response. Yet the class files are where they supposedly belong.

try/fails
=========
* calling class files directly via .../servlet/...: same result
* chown-ing my stuff to the owner of Tomcat/webapps/examples: no difference

i am out of ideas. any help appreciated.

thanks and all, mats

--
eBay - Jetzt besser einkaufen!
Ueber 1. Mio. Angebote. Startpreise ab EUR 1,-