Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Axel Nennker <ig...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/10 11:39:48 UTC

ORG_GRADLE_PROJECT_cdvMinSdkVersion vs android-minSdkVersion

Hi,

a plugin needs minSdkVersion 19 on Android but setting that in plugin.xml
like so
  <preference name="android-minSdkVersion" value="19" />

gives on error message during build: Missing value for ANDROID-MINSDKVERSION

Searching for minSdkVersion through cordova-docs yields no hit but finds
ORG_GRADLE_PROJECT_cdvMinSdkVersion.

There are some hits on stackoverflow for android-minSdkVersion.

Was android-minSdkVersion there in the past?
Is Stackoverflow giving wrong (phonegap) information on how to set
minsdkversion?
Should android-minSdkVersion work but doesn't? Docs?

cheers
Axel

Re: ORG_GRADLE_PROJECT_cdvMinSdkVersion vs android-minSdkVersion

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know, it was a phonegap build preference
http://docs.build.phonegap.com/en_US/2.9.0/configuring_preferences.md.html

And then it was added to cordova a year ago (see the jira issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-7114)

So, I think it should work, consider opening a new issue