Posted to dev@unomi.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2016/11/01 01:55:27 UTC

Site branding / Shepherd for November 2016

HI,

I was assigned as your shepherd for the November incubator report and while I have nothing to add to the report, I'd thought I’d just point out a couple of very minor things I noticed from a casual glance.

You of course know the project far better than me and there are may be perfect valid reasons why this is so or they may already been looked into.

Things I noticed:
1. You seem to be advertising the 1.2.0 snapshot prominently on your site (under the top menu). While there's no link it may be best to remove this? [1]
2. While the incubator logo and disclaimer is included it's way down beneath the fold, it could be more prominent. An ASF logo with links home page would also be a nice to have.
3. There’s a few Apache trademarks you might want to give attribution to like Karaf, Fleix and Mahout.
4. There a few pages/link missing I expected to see. [2] e.g. link to ASF home page, sponsorship, thanks and security.

Totally up to you if you think anything needs to be done about any the above. If you have any questions or need a response please CC me as I’m not subscribed to your mailing list.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what
2. http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html#navigation

Re: Site branding / Shepherd for November 2016

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yes, my fault, I'm a bit late on that. I do it today.

Thanks !
Regards
JB

On 11/02/2016 11:22 PM, John D. Ament wrote:
> I'll also point out, you still haven't submitted your board report for the month.
>
> John
>
> On 2016-11-02 03:12 (-0400), Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com> wrote:
>> Thanks Justin for the review.
>>
>> I\u2019ll try to see if I can find some bandwidth to fix these issues. It\u2019s mostly a problem with the usage of the Maven Site plugin generation, we need to see how we can adjust the version number and templates to fix these problems. I am not an expert at the site plugin so that\u2019s why it hasn\u2019t been done yet :)
>>
>> cheers,
>>   Serge\u2026
>>
>>> On 1 nov. 2016, at 02:55, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> HI,
>>>
>>> I was assigned as your shepherd for the November incubator report and while I have nothing to add to the report, I'd thought I\u2019d just point out a couple of very minor things I noticed from a casual glance.
>>>
>>> You of course know the project far better than me and there are may be perfect valid reasons why this is so or they may already been looked into.
>>>
>>> Things I noticed:
>>> 1. You seem to be advertising the 1.2.0 snapshot prominently on your site (under the top menu). While there's no link it may be best to remove this? [1]
>>> 2. While the incubator logo and disclaimer is included it's way down beneath the fold, it could be more prominent. An ASF logo with links home page would also be a nice to have.
>>> 3. There\u2019s a few Apache trademarks you might want to give attribution to like Karaf, Fleix and Mahout.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Site branding / Shepherd for November 2016

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.
Thanks Justin for the review.

I’ll try to see if I can find some bandwidth to fix these issues. It’s mostly a problem with the usage of the Maven Site plugin generation, we need to see how we can adjust the version number and templates to fix these problems. I am not an expert at the site plugin so that’s why it hasn’t been done yet :)

cheers,
  Serge…

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.
+1 for me good to go, it’s actually very detailed and nicely summarizes the work.

We definitely need to find some time to work on the website.

cheers,
  Serge…

Posted by Thomas Draier <td...@jahia.com>.
Hi JB,

Thank you for taking care of the podling report, looks ok to me !
Regards
Thomas

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,