Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "EXTERNAL Taminidi Ravi (ETI, AA-AS/PAS-PTS)" <ex...@us.bosch.com> on 2015/03/09 22:38:08 UTC

Field Rename in SOLR

Hello, Can anyone know how to rename a field with the below field Name. When I try the below method it says undefined field "Name_en"

&fl=ProductName:Name_en-US

It throws error saying undefined field 'Name_en', it is not recognizing the full field name.. 'Name_en-US'

Is there any work around..?

Thanks

Ravi

Re: Field Rename in SOLR

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
What do you mean "rename field"? It _looks_ like you're trying to get
the results into a doc from your document and changing it's name _in
the results_.
I.e. you have "ProductName" in your document, but want to see
Name_en-US in your output.

My guess is that the hyphen is the problem. Does it work if you try to
bet Name_en_US? Generally, hyphens are a bad idea with field names.

Best,
Erick