Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Graeme Jenkinson <gc...@cam.ac.uk> on 2019/05/20 18:58:33 UTC

v2 ProduceResponse documentation wrong?

Hi,

on parsing the a v2 ProduceResponse from Kafka I am seeing a discrepancy from the documentation. Specifically the base_offset and log_append_time fields appear to be in the opposite positions to those documented in the protocol guide: https://kafka.apache.org/protocol#The_Messages_Produce <https://kafka.apache.org/protocol#The_Messages_Produce>

It's possible I’ve messed something up in the tcpdump and trimming of the Kafka responses, but I don’t think so. Is anyone familiar enough with the protocol to confirm/deny?

Kind regards,

Graeme

Re: v2 ProduceResponse documentation wrong?

Posted by Graeme Jenkinson <gc...@cam.ac.uk>.
Looking at the protocol doc again I think it may just be a misunderstanding on my part.

Graeme