Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Nick Stuart <ba...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/05 22:32:36 UTC

Cayenne, Tapestry, and hivemind.

So whats the best way to use these together? Right now in my DAO I'm
having to pass in an instance of my DataContext to each method to use.
This, overall isn't a big deal and easy to do. But it just smells bad
and involves a bit of extra work to get things going.

Right now, in my tapestry app I have a state object that holds a
DataContext for each user/session (going to change this to one general
context for a lot of the site, but thats for another discussion). I
can easily inject this into tapestry where ever I need it and pass it
to DAO's for use.

I would like to be able to combine Hiveminds different service
construction methods but I'm not sure the best route to take in this
situation when using Cayenne and its access model. Any suggestions?
BTDTs?

Thanks!
-Nick

Re: Cayenne, Tapestry, and hivemind.

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.
I don't know about Hivemind (I'm still on Tap 3) but here's a way to avoid
passing the user's DataContext to each method.

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tapestry/CayenneTapestrySqueezer