Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Boris Osipchuk <bo...@oneil.com> on 2003/08/04 19:32:42 UTC

RE: Java and SVG

If you are new to Java, you should probably start with JSDK from Sun, not
with JBuilder.
You should go through at least "First Cup of Java" tutorial. This way you
can save yourself from a lot of troubles later.
Now, if you already know or done all of this, I would recommend downloading
Eclipse IDE. It is by far the best open source IDE on the market and Batik
integrates with it very nicely.
I took me just a couple of minutes to setup, compile and run Batik from
Eclipse.
Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Boris A. Osipchuk
Application Engineer

O'NEIL & ASSOCIATES, INC.
495 Byers Rd.
Miamisburg, Ohio 45342-3662
Phone: (937) 865-0846 ext. 3425
Fax: (937) 865-5858
Posted by Alice Mello Cavallo <me...@media.mit.edu>.
Hi all,

I need to implement a simple animation engine by dragging the SVG
shapes/images on the canvas, saving the coordinates and so on.So, I suppose
I will be using a lot of the batik features. Jbuilder is not that smart, so
I am importing the java files and moving them with the mouse. I am puzzled
that even though the packages structures are being created the error
messages of not finding the classes are still showing up. I will keep
working on that.

My question is :

Do I need the whole batik directory structure and java files?

Someone told me to use Eclipse IDE, I have not tried yet. In that case, i
have to import my application into Eclipse as well. Would this really be a
better option?

Thank you so much,
Alice

Re: Opening a SVG document

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Hi Alice,

Boris Osipchuk wrote:
> Alice,
> When you read the error really careful you will notice that you package
> declaration is:
> org.apache.batik.gvt
> However, it looks like you directory structure is this:
> C:\Documents and Settings\Alice
> Mello\jbproject\VirtualForumTheater\src\org\apache\batik\swing\gvt\TextPaint
> er.java
> As you can see there is a swing directory between batik and gvt directories,
> but it is not in your package decalaration.
> So, either delete this directory from your system or make sure the package
> declaration includes it.

     Yes, I agree it looks like when you imported the code you accidentally
moved some of the source files around. It is in the correct
location in the Batik Distribution.

RE: Opening a SVG document

RE: Opening a SVG document

Posted by Alice Mello Cavallo <me...@media.mit.edu>.
Joe,

RE: Opening a SVG document

Posted by Joseph Foster <jl...@donnell.com>.

Opening a SVG document

Posted by Alice Mello Cavallo <me...@media.mit.edu>.
Hi all,

I have been looking for one week and i can not find how to open a svg
document on a java canvas/frame.

I have been looking through batik, because it does it somewhere, but I am
not being able to sopt or understand or it in fact happens.

Could I get a hint from somebody?

Thanks so much,
Alice