Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Prakash R <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/20 06:44:20 UTC

FO - Force Pages on same spread

Hi,

I'm preparing a FO document in order to generate a
catalog book. I would like to have two pages together
such that they are on the same spread i.e. if the
first page is an even page(left) then the next would
be the following odd pages(right) making it on the
same spread. On the other hand if the first page falls
on an odd page(right), I would like to force a blank
page and start it as an even page(left) so that the
second page is an odd page(right) making it on the
same spread.

How can I achieve this? Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you.
Prakash

Re: FO - Force Pages on same spread

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Prakash R wrote:

> Let me try to explain this with an example.
>
> I have a document which has say 10 pages. Within this
> document somewhere in between I have 2 pages(page
> number not known until the PDF is generated) which are
> consecutive and are someway related. So I would like
> for these two pages to be side-by-side (on 2 different
> pages) as when you open a book i.e. first page is on
> left and second page on right (even followed by odd)
> in the generated PDF.
>
> If by virtue of the XML the first page ends up being
> on the right, I want to force a blank page before so
> that the first page comes on the left which will
> automatically lay the second page on the right (making
> these 2 pages side-by-side).
>
> Hope this clarifies my requirement.

Yes. Put break-before="odd" on the block that starts the content of the
two pages.

Chris

Re: Building fop trunk

Posted by Teus Benschop <te...@teusbenschop.nl>.
Thanks, Manuel, will try.

Teus.

Re: Building fop trunk

Posted by Manuel Mall <mm...@arcus.com.au>.
Teus,

Building fop trunk

Posted by Prakash R <ra...@yahoo.com>.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice6.html#fo_conditional-page-master-reference

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
I'm still not sure I understand you correctly, but then I think you need
to look at fo:conditional-page-master-reference which allows you to
specify separate simple-page-masters for odd and even pages.
http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice6.html#fo_conditional-page-master-reference

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/evenodd.html

On 22.08.2005 15:34:24 Prakash R wrote:
> I meant putting the two pages on two different pages
> but making sure they are side by side like when you
> open the book you can see the pages side by side(i.e.
> on the same spread).
>
> Thank you.
> Prakash
>
> --- Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch> wrote:
>
> > Are you talking about imposition (two-up)? Putting
> > two pages besides
> > each other on one piece of paper? FOP can't do that,
> > yet. You'd have to
> > use a third-party tool to do that.
> >
> > On 20.08.2005 06:44:20 Prakash R wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm preparing a FO document in order to generate a
> > > catalog book. I would like to have two pages
> > together
> > > such that they are on the same spread i.e. if the
> > > first page is an even page(left) then the next
> > would
> > > be the following odd pages(right) making it on the
> > > same spread. On the other hand if the first page
> > falls
> > > on an odd page(right), I would like to force a
> > blank
> > > page and start it as an even page(left) so that
> > the
> > > second page is an odd page(right) making it on the
> > > same spread.
> > >
> > > How can I achieve this? Any ideas would be greatly
> > > appreciated.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: FO - Force Pages on same spread

Posted by Prakash R <ra...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Are you talking about imposition (two-up)? Putting two pages besides
each other on one piece of paper? FOP can't do that, yet. You'd have to
use a third-party tool to do that.

On 20.08.2005 06:44:20 Prakash R wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm preparing a FO document in order to generate a
> catalog book. I would like to have two pages together
> such that they are on the same spread i.e. if the
> first page is an even page(left) then the next would
> be the following odd pages(right) making it on the
> same spread. On the other hand if the first page falls
> on an odd page(right), I would like to force a blank
> page and start it as an even page(left) so that the
> second page is an odd page(right) making it on the
> same spread.
>
> How can I achieve this? Any ideas would be greatly
> appreciated.

Jeremias Maerki