Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2008/03/18 16:08:17 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CXF Graduation as TLP

After 20 months in the incubator, 6 releases complete and 2 more on the
way shortly, several new committers, and too much email traffic :-), the
Apache CXF community (with support from our mentors) feels that we are
ready to graduate to an official top level project at Apache as
indicated by the community vote recorded at:
http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Graduate-Apache-CXF-as-a-top-level-project-to15812722.html

We would like the resolution attached to this email to be presented to
the board for consideration at the next possible board meeting.

For additional information, the CXF status file is here:
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/cxf.html

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

-- Dan (on behalf of the entire Apache CXF team and with permission from
the CXF mentors to call this vote.)

======================================

 Establish the Apache CXF project

     Foundation's purpose to establish a Project, to be known as
     "Apache CXF Project", related to a framework for creating,
     deploying, and consuming services based on SOA design
     principles for distribution at no charge to the public.

     Committee (PMC) is hereby established pursuant to Bylaws
     of the Foundation; and be it further

     RESOLVED, that the Apache CXF PMC be and hereby is
     charged with the creation and maintenance of "Apache CXF";
     and be it further

     RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache CXF" be and
     hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at
     the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the
     Apache CXF PMC, and to have primary responsibility for
     management of the projects within the scope of responsibility
     of the Apache CXF PMC; and be it further

     Apache CXF PMC:

      * Ulhas Bhole <ul...@apache.org>
      * Sean O'Callaghan <se...@apache.org>
      * Dan Diephouse <dd...@apache.org>
      * Freeman Yue Fang <ff...@apache.org>
      * Jarek Gawor <ga...@apache.org>
      * Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>
      * Eoghan Glynn <eg...@apache.org>
      * Jim Jagielski <ji...@apache.org>
      * Willem Ning Jiang <ni...@apache.org>
      * Eric Johnson <er...@apache.org>
      * Peter Jones <pe...@apache.org>
      * Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
      * Bozhong Lin <bl...@apache.org>
      * Jervis Liu <jl...@apache.org>
      * Jim Ma <em...@apache.org>
      * James Maode Mao <mm...@apache.org>
      * Benson Margulies <bi...@apache.org>
      * Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org>
      * Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>
      * Ajay Paibir <aj...@apache.org>

     NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Daniel Kulp
     be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache CXF, to serve
     in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of
     Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
     resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until
     a successor is appointed; and be it further

     RESOLVED, that the Apache CXF Project be and hereby
     Incubator CXF podling; and be it further

     Incubator CXF podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
     PMC are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF Graduation as TLP

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
+1!  Yeah!!!

Jeff

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Mar 18, 2008, at 11:08 AM, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> After 20 months in the incubator, 6 releases complete and 2 more on
> the
> way shortly, several new committers, and too much email traffic :-),
> the
> Apache CXF community (with support from our mentors) feels that we are
> ready to graduate to an official top level project at Apache as
> indicated by the community vote recorded at:
> http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Graduate-Apache-CXF-as-a-top-level-project-to15812722.html
>
> We would like the resolution attached to this email to be presented to
> the board for consideration at the next possible board meeting.
>
> For additional information, the CXF status file is here:
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/cxf.html
>
> Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1
>

> -- Dan (on behalf of the entire Apache CXF team and with permission
> from
> the CXF mentors to call this vote.)

+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF Graduation as TLP

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
+1

Good job.

Craig

On Mar 18, 2008, at 8:08 AM, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> [...]
>      * Jim Ma <em...@apache.org>
>      * James Maode Mao <mm...@apache.org>
>      * Benson Margulies <bi...@apache.org>
>      * Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org>
>      * Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>
>      * Ajay Paibir <aj...@apache.org>
>

>     NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Daniel Kulp
>     be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache CXF, to serve
>     in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of
>     Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>     resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until
>     a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>     RESOLVED, that the Apache CXF Project be and hereby
>     is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>     Incubator CXF podling; and be it further
>
>     RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>     Incubator CXF podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF Graduation as TLP

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Here is my +1.

Willem

Posted by Jervis Liu <je...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jervis

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Apache CXF Graduation as TLP

Posted by Bozhong Lin <bo...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ulhas Bhole <ul...@iona.com>.
+1 from me. Looking forward to work with TLP.

-- Ulhas Bhole

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF Graduation as TLP

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Only 20 months huh - lightweights :)

On 18/03/2008, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
>       * Jim Ma <em...@apache.org>
>       * James Maode Mao <mm...@apache.org>
>       * Benson Margulies <bi...@apache.org>
>       * Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org>
>       * Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>
>       * Ajay Paibir <aj...@apache.org>
>

>      NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Daniel Kulp
>      be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache CXF, to serve
>      in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of
>      Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>      resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until
>      a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>      RESOLVED, that the Apache CXF Project be and hereby
>      is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>      Incubator CXF podling; and be it further
>
>      RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>      Incubator CXF podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

James
-------
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF Graduation as TLP

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Martijn Dashorst

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF Graduation as TLP

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me. Congratulations guys!

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
Apache Synapse PMC Chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF Graduation as TLP

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 18, 2008, at 11:08 AM, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> After 20 months in the incubator, 6 releases complete and 2 more on
> the
> way shortly, several new committers, and too much email traffic :-),
> the
> Apache CXF community (with support from our mentors) feels that we are
> ready to graduate to an official top level project at Apache as
> indicated by the community vote recorded at:
> http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Graduate-Apache-CXF-as-a-top-level-project-to15812722.html
>
> We would like the resolution attached to this email to be presented to
> the board for consideration at the next possible board meeting.
>
> For additional information, the CXF status file is here:
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/cxf.html
>
> Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1

+1

--kevan

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF Graduation as TLP

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Here is my +1.

Willem

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
+1

> [...]

>      * Jim Ma <em...@apache.org>
>      * James Maode Mao <mm...@apache.org>
>      * Benson Margulies <bi...@apache.org>
>      * Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org>
>      * Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>
>      * Ajay Paibir <aj...@apache.org>
>

>     NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Daniel Kulp
>     be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache CXF, to serve
>     in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of
>     Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>     resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until
>     a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>     RESOLVED, that the Apache CXF Project be and hereby
>     is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>     Incubator CXF podling; and be it further
>
>     RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>     Incubator CXF podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Posted by gn...@gmail.com.
+1

On 3/18/08, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
> * Jim Ma <em...@apache.org>
> * James Maode Mao <mm...@apache.org>
> * Benson Margulies <bi...@apache.org>
> * Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org>
> * Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>
> * Ajay Paibir <aj...@apache.org>
>

> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Daniel Kulp
> be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache CXF, to serve
> in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of
> Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
> resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until
> a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache CXF Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator CXF podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator CXF podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF Graduation as TLP

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1 (yay!)

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 3:08 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> After 20 months in the incubator, 6 releases complete and 2 more on the
> way shortly, several new committers, and too much email traffic :-), the
> Apache CXF community (with support from our mentors) feels that we are
> ready to graduate to an official top level project at Apache as
> indicated by the community vote recorded at:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Graduate-Apache-CXF-as-a-top-level-project-to15812722.html
>
> We would like the resolution attached to this email to be presented to
> the board for consideration at the next possible board meeting.
>
> For additional information, the CXF status file is here:
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/cxf.html
>
> Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1

+ 1

- robert

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF Graduation as TLP

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1 (yay!)

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Freeman

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1

Niall

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Freeman

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1, Congrats to Dan and the crowd.

Rajith

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 7:28 PM, Dan Diephouse <da...@mulesource.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> >       * Jim Ma <em...@apache.org>
> >       * James Maode Mao <mm...@apache.org>
> >       * Benson Margulies <bi...@apache.org>
> >       * Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org>
> >       * Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>
> >       * Ajay Paibir <aj...@apache.org>
> >

> >      NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Daniel Kulp
> >      be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache CXF, to serve
> >      in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of
> >      Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
> >      resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until
> >      a successor is appointed; and be it further
> >
> >      RESOLVED, that the Apache CXF Project be and hereby
> >      is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> >      Incubator CXF podling; and be it further
> >
> >      RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> >      Incubator CXF podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
blog: http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF Graduation as TLP

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@mulesource.com>.
+1!

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> ... We would like the resolution attached to this email to be presented to
>  the board for consideration at the next possible board meeting....

+1

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF Graduation as TLP

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 18 March 2008, Carl Trieloff wrote:
> Daniel Kulp wrote:
> > On Tuesday 18 March 2008, Carl Trieloff wrote:
> >> what is the diversity?
> >> Carl.
> >
> > This could have been asked as part of the resolution discussion
> > instead of hijacking the vote, but........
>
> was out last week - thanks for the info.
> Carl.

No problem.   Thanks for raising the question.  :-)

CXF has worked hard the last 6 months to get to the point we're at today.
It's definitely been a good learning experience.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF Graduation as TLP

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 18 March 2008, Carl Trieloff wrote:
> what is the diversity?
> Carl.

This could have been asked as part of the resolution discussion instead
of hijacking the vote, but........

Looking at participation in the dev lists:
http://markmail.org/search/?q=cxf+type%3Adevelopment+date%3A200710-200803

The top 4 people are from 4 separate companies/entities.

Likewise, if you spit out commit logs for the last 3 months, the top 4
committers include 4 different entities.

dkulp
bimargulies
jliu (ex-IONA, independent now)
gmazza

Yes, there are a bunch of IONA folks (and ex-IONA folks) on the lists,
but from an "active participant" standpoint, we have more than 3
independent parties that are activily participating in the community and
providing significant contributions.

FYI: that couldn't have been said 6 months ago.  The community has come a
long way.

Dan

> Davanum Srinivas wrote:

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF Graduation as TLP

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 18 March 2008, Carl Trieloff wrote:
> what is the diversity?
> Carl.

This could have been asked as part of the resolution discussion instead
of hijacking the vote, but........

Looking at participation in the dev lists:
http://markmail.org/search/?q=cxf+type%3Adevelopment+date%3A200710-200803

The top 4 people are from 4 separate companies/entities.

Likewise, if you spit out commit logs for the last 3 months, the top 4
committers include 4 different entities.

dkulp
bimargulies
jliu (ex-IONA, independent now)
gmazza

Yes, there are a bunch of IONA folks (and ex-IONA folks) on the lists,
but from an "active participant" standpoint, we have more than 3
independent parties that are activily participating in the community and
providing significant contributions.

FYI: that couldn't have been said 6 months ago.  The community has come a
long way.

Dan

> Davanum Srinivas wrote:

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF Graduation as TLP

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

what is the diversity?
Carl.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

what is the diversity?
Carl.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF Graduation as TLP

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF Graduation as TLP

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 9:08 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

>  After 20 months in the incubator, 6 releases complete and 2 more on the
>  way shortly, several new committers, and too much email traffic :-), the
>  Apache CXF community (with support from our mentors) feels that we are
>  ready to graduate to an official top level project at Apache as
>  indicated by the community vote recorded at:
>  http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Graduate-Apache-CXF-as-a-top-level-project-to15812722.html
>
>  We would like the resolution attached to this email to be presented to
>  the board for consideration at the next possible board meeting.
>
>  For additional information, the CXF status file is here:
>  http://incubator.apache.org/projects/cxf.html
>
>  Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
>
>  [ ] +1
>  [ ] +0
>  [ ] -1

+1

Woot!

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF Graduation as TLP

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 9:08 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

>  After 20 months in the incubator, 6 releases complete and 2 more on the
>  way shortly, several new committers, and too much email traffic :-), the
>  Apache CXF community (with support from our mentors) feels that we are
>  ready to graduate to an official top level project at Apache as
>  indicated by the community vote recorded at:
>  http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Graduate-Apache-CXF-as-a-top-level-project-to15812722.html
>
>  We would like the resolution attached to this email to be presented to
>  the board for consideration at the next possible board meeting.
>
>  For additional information, the CXF status file is here:
>  http://incubator.apache.org/projects/cxf.html
>
>  Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
>
>  [ ] +1
>  [ ] +0
>  [ ] -1

+1

Woot!

Bruce
);'

Posted by Ulhas Bhole <ul...@iona.com>.

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
+1!  Yeah!!!

Jeff

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
+1 !

Daniel Kulp wrote:
> [...]
>       * Jim Ma <em...@apache.org>
>       * James Maode Mao <mm...@apache.org>
>       * Benson Margulies <bi...@apache.org>
>       * Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org>
>       * Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>
>       * Ajay Paibir <aj...@apache.org>
>

>      NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Daniel Kulp
>      be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache CXF, to serve
>      in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of
>      Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
>      resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until
>      a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>      RESOLVED, that the Apache CXF Project be and hereby
>      is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>      Incubator CXF podling; and be it further
>
>      RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>      Incubator CXF podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org