Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Neha Goel <ne...@myntra.com> on 2017/10/04 18:05:01 UTC

Information on Back Pressure and Buffer Size

Hi,

I have a topology with almost 10 bolts. All the bolts calls different rest
services, and in the end the data is stored in redis and SOLR.
The problem happens with the back pressure, whenever one of the services
becomes slow, the whole topology takes a lot of time in coming back to its
speed. We read data from RabbitMQ. For 20Lakh messages, currently it is
taking around 4 hours.

Can you please suggest me on how to tune the back pressure.

Thanks,
Neha

Re: Information on Back Pressure and Buffer Size

Posted by "M. Aaron Bossert" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Just a thought, but you might also look at message timeout values as well as making your calls to the rest services asynchronous.

________________________________
Since this version of Storm comes with automatic back pressure, you need to tune low water mark and high water mark parameters based on your application. Please have a look at the following guide it can help you to understand the way it works and help you to tune it based on your application.

http://jobs.one2team.com/apache-storms/

Cheers,
Ali

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 10:31 PM, Neha Goel <ne...@myntra.com>> wrote:
I am using version 1.0.2.

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 4:54 PM, Ali Nazemian <al...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Can I ask which version of Storm you are using? I wanted to understand whether it comes with automatic back pressure or not.

--
A.Nazemian

Re: Information on Back Pressure and Buffer Size

Posted by Ali Nazemian <al...@gmail.com>.

--
A.Nazemian

Re: Information on Back Pressure and Buffer Size

Posted by Neha Goel <ne...@myntra.com>.
I am using version 1.0.2.

Posted by Ali Nazemian <al...@gmail.com>.