Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/09 22:20:51 UTC

user guide sample / xmlbeans not in classpath

Hello.  I'm trying to build and run the web service discussed in the
user guide; the one that is generated off of  Axis2SampleDocLit.wsdl.
 I believe I have succesfully built and deployed the service itself.
However, I've been unable to run my client.  I get a classdefnotfound
on a class in the schemaorg__apache_xmlbeans.  This directory is on
the classpath though.  In the package / directory structure under that
directory I don't find java classes though; its the .xsb files.  Am I
missing some phase where you generate class files from these xsb's

Re: user guide sample / xmlbeans not in classpath

Posted by Javier Kohen <jk...@users.sourceforge.net>.
El mar, 09-01-2007 a las 14:38 -0700, ChadDavis escribió:
> Thanks Javier.
>
> Could you clarify :
>
> > There is a class TypeSystemHolder generated for each children of
> > directory schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans/system. XMLBeans directly generates
> > the bytecode, so no wonder you don't see a .java file. This has caused
> > some confusion to Eclipse users (and users of other IDEs).
>
> Do you mean that the .class files are generated at run time?  Or are
> they supposed to be created when I use the wsdl2java tool?  That was
> the only step indicated in the userguide.

They are generated along the XSB files when you run WSDL2Java.

--
Javier Kohen <jk...@users.sourceforge.net>
ICQ: blashyrkh #2361802

Re: user guide sample / xmlbeans not in classpath

Posted by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Javier.

Posted by Javier Kohen <jk...@users.sourceforge.net>.
El mar, 09-01-2007 a las 14:20 -0700, ChadDavis escribió:
> Hello.  I'm trying to build and run the web service discussed in the
> user guide; the one that is generated off of  Axis2SampleDocLit.wsdl.
>  I believe I have succesfully built and deployed the service itself.
> However, I've been unable to run my client.  I get a classdefnotfound
> on a class in the schemaorg__apache_xmlbeans.  This directory is on
> the classpath though.  In the package / directory structure under that
> directory I don't find java classes though; its the .xsb files.  Am I
> missing some phase where you generate class files from these xsb's

There is a class TypeSystemHolder generated for each children of
directory schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans/system. XMLBeans directly generates
the bytecode, so no wonder you don't see a .java file. This has caused
some confusion to Eclipse users (and users of other IDEs).

Cheers,