Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Chris Lintz <ch...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/29 19:38:19 UTC

Is Beta5 coming soon? Beta4 has caused these issues for us....

Any chance of getting a Beta5 out soon.   As luck would have it, Beta4 to say
the least has been frustrating for us.

So far beta4 has caused these problems in our app (all stuff that worked in
Beta3)

1) AJAXLink is broke when using the Crypted URL encoding strategy.
2) StringResourceModel change on toString() method (this is fine, we
refactored and are now using getString() )
3) UpdateFeedback gone -
http://www.nabble.com/1.3.0-beta4%3A-updateFeedback%28%29-gone--tf4707707.html
4) Pages are stateful now because of -
http://www.nabble.com/Stateless-page-creating-session-tf4604432.html#a13147396

Any chance of getting a Wicket beta5 out with at least the stateless page
fix?   We have a high traffic site so the thought of generating some where
in the neighborhood of hundreds of thousands session IDs on disk for pages
as simple as a WebMarkupcontainer and a Label is very scary thought.

chris

Re: Is Beta5 coming soon? Beta4 has caused these issues for us....

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl>.
Hi,

You mostly get NoSuchMethodErrors if one of the slf4j jars on your
classpath is too old. But I guess you already knew that. You may find
more help on the sl4j site.

Regards,
     Erik.

PS. on the dev list there was a vote with the result that Wicket 1.3 RC1
will be build (not released?) on Sunday.

--
Erik van Oosten
http://2008.rubyenrails.nl/

Re: Is Beta5 coming soon? Beta4 has caused these issues for us....

Posted by Cristi Manole <cr...@gmail.com>.
This is what i use :

log4j-1.2.15.jar
slf4j-api-1.4.3.jar
slf4j-log4j12-1.4.3.jar

with wicket 1.3.0beta4.

I got the same annoying exception before upgrading to those log4j/slf4 versions.

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl>.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
are you really sure that you dont have also an older version somewhere
in the classpath? you can try to start java with -verbose:gc

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> I finally won't take your time anymore with my problem of dependencies : it
> was a simple PEBCAK !
> I got the following error :
> Exception in thread "ModificationWatcher Task" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.log4j.Logger.isTraceEnabled()Z
>
> It was coming from log4j.Logger, not from slf4j.Logger, and the cause was i
> used cayenne.jar (wich contains cayenne and all its dependencies, including
> an older version of log4j) , instead of  cayenne-nodeps.jar !

Nasty :-)

Eelco

Re: Is Beta5 coming soon? Beta4 has caused these issues for us....

Posted by landry soules <la...@gmail.com>.
Hello guys

I finally won't take your time anymore with my problem of dependencies : it
was a simple PEBCAK !
I got the following error :
Exception in thread "ModificationWatcher Task" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.log4j.Logger.isTraceEnabled()Z

It was coming from log4j.Logger, not from slf4j.Logger, and the cause was i
used cayenne.jar (wich contains cayenne and all its dependencies, including
an older version of log4j) , instead of  cayenne-nodeps.jar !

Al, i owe you a beer if you come to Paris  ;-)

Thanks a lot for your patience.

Posted by Al Maw <wi...@almaw.com>.

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.
On 11/4/07, landry soules <la...@gmail.com> wrote:

> (eclipse only retains the newer lines, erasing the olders)

Preferences -> Run/Debug -> Console -> Limit console output

Frank

Re: Is Beta5 coming soon? Beta4 has caused these issues for us....

Posted by landry soules <la...@gmail.com>.
Actually, it seems that the option "class" is useful in my case, not "gc"
I couldn't find yet slf4j.Logger among the thousands lines generated(eclipse
only retains the newer lines, erasing the olders), but i found something
interesting :
log4j.Logger is loaded from cayenne.jar...
I'm quite puzzled : do i have to start spamming cayenne users list ? Or is
this a bug (or at least a dangerous implementation) in beta4, that can cause
problems not only with Cayenne, but also with some other frameworks ? Or
maybe i can change the classpath load order in eclipse ?
Thanks for your support.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
no i don't think Al lost,

Posted by landry soules <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Al Maw <wi...@almaw.com>.

Posted by landry soules <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gwyn Evans <gw...@gmail.com>.
Hi landry,

Posted by landry soules <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gerolf Seitz <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by landry soules <la...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Posted by Al Maw <wi...@almaw.com>.

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.
On 10/30/07, Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
> i hope that i can close more issues tonight and the comming nights.
> so that the issues are down a little bit when beta5 is released.
>
> johan

johan++

Re: Is Beta5 coming soon? Beta4 has caused these issues for us....

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.
Looks like the FormComponentFeedbackBorder is not fixed yet. Will fix today.

-Matej

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.