Posted to dev@yunikorn.apache.org by Akhil PB <ak...@apache.org> on 2020/07/28 08:38:25 UTC

Revamped Yunikorn Web

Hi,

We have a good UI for yunikorn web right now. But there is a lot of room
for improvements. As a first step, I have worked on mocks for the revamped
yunikorn web. Attached url to the mocks. Please share your thoughts and
suggestions.

Mocks:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gjMLtC_ibPV_jvNb1m3DaKtrbg9fBQtw/view?usp=sharing

Apache Jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YUNIKORN-320

Thanks & Regards,
Akhil

Re: Revamped Yunikorn Web

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ww...@apache.org>.
Hi Akhil

Thanks for initiating this, the mockup looks really good.
Like offline discussed, I suggest to

1) Add a "Help" button at the side-bar,  and by clicking that, it pops up a
window:
  - Understand more about Apache YuniKorn (link to yunikorn.apache.org)
  - Get help by reading docs: link to our documents in the web-site
  - Ask questions by sending an email or ask questions in the slack channel

2) In the Dashboard page, another chart to display the cluster resource
utilization.
  - give users a sense of total mem/CPU vs used mem/CPU at cluster level

3) In the Dashboard page, add another chart to display node resource
utilization summary. Like the following pie chart:
 - this gives users the understanding: how nodes are distributed with
regarding the utilization

[image: Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 10.08.08 AM.png]

I am going to create a few sub-tasks under this umbrella to track these
enhancements.

Thank you!