Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Steven Santiago <sm...@neca.com> on 2003/04/23 22:24:20 UTC

Validator and externally submitted data?

I've just recently got up and running using the ValidatorActionForm and
then moved up to DynaValidatorForm. So far so good thanks to this list.
This should handle things nicely as long as the data is submitted via
.jsp's (which is the current case). What about if I had to handle
externally submitted data? Like say an xml payload that was submitted by
some other means other then the standard view? Currently, the nice thing
is that both client/server-side validation is centralized so changes are
easy to maintain. I'm assuming that since Commons Validator can be used
outside the Struts framework that I can access the same business
validation rules when processing/handling externally sumbitted data? Any
pointers or suggestions before I head down this road?

Steve