Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by leshoubs <le...@kolumbus.fi> on 2002/12/08 23:27:34 UTC

Problem updating a service

Hi all!

I'm an AXIS newbie.

I have a young installation of AXIS 1.0 on tomcat 4.1.12 and I'm currently experimenting it.

I'm running into a trouble that I don't know if it is my fault.
Here is the problem.

- I created a class containing a public method called "sayHello", compiled it to the axis/WEB-INF/classes folder and deployed a service called TestService with the following WSDD:
    <deployment xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/" xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java">
         <service name="TestService" provider="java:RPC">
              <parameter name="className" value="MyTestService"/>
         </service>
    </deployment>

- When I browse the page 'View the list of deployed services' I can see my service and its 'sayHello' method. I can actually browse the WSDL and called the method "sayHello" without any problem.

- I want now to add a public method to this class so I undeployed the previous service,
    *  I add a public method to this class called "sayArg", re-compile the class to the axis/WEB-INF/classes folder and re-deploy the same service called TestService.
    * When I browse the page 'View the list of deployed services' I cannot see my new method 'sayArg' and actually I cannot even access to it with a simple java client class.

Actually whaetever I change to this class nothing is taken into account. For instance if the method was at first retourning "Hello World" and I modify it to return "Hello Finland !" I'm still getting "Hello World" after recompiling and redeploying the service.

What is wrong in my process?

Regards,
Patrick Houbaux.

Re: Problem updating a service

Posted by Alex Dovlecel <do...@kbs.twi.tudelft.nl>.
On Monday 09 December 2002 00:29, you wrote:
> Thanks it works by restarting Tomcat :)
If you don't want to restart tomcat each time take a look at the tomcat
documents to some tomcat webapp manager (or something like this) and you
could even restart only axis (reload) restart the AXIS. You can also do this
from an ant file. ;o)  (this is my case and works great)

Hope it will help somehow
dovle

Re: Problem updating a service

Posted by leshoubs <le...@kolumbus.fi>.