Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com> on 2018/08/20 22:24:02 UTC

java target version in FE pom?

Hey folks,

I noticed that whenever I import the FE into Eclipse it ends up defaulting
to Java 1.7, and then gets errors trying to run the tests:

F0820 15:21:17.184092 59731 frontend.cc:109]
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/hadoop/conf/Configuration : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

It seems this is because the pom has the following:

      <plugin>
        <version>3.3</version>
        <configuration>
          <source>1.7</source>
          <target>1.7</target>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

Given that Hadoop is now being built for 1.8, should we change our own
target and source versions accordingly?

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon