Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by JZA <ac...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/24 08:15:31 UTC

Inserting ODB fields on Writer and showing value

I am trying to use the Label Writer Document and insert the datasource from
a registered ODB, however I am only shown either with the Field Name and/or
Database.DBfield.NextRecord but not the actual value of it.

How can I make it so it shows the actual value?

Also using the Avery Letter Size -> 8160 Ink Jet Address (Format Sheet) but
I cant seem to get all the records from the ODB.

I am trying to make custom cards on letter sheets.

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: Inserting ODB fields on Writer and showing value

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
On 24/05/2017 09:15, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> I am trying to use the Label Writer Document and insert the datasource from a registered ODB, however I am only shown either with the Field Name and/or Database.DBfield.NextRecord but not the actual value of it. How can I make it so it shows the actual value?

Remove the tick from Tools | Options... | OpenOffice Writer | View |
Display | Field codes.

> Also using the Avery Letter Size -> 8160 Ink Jet Address (Format Sheet) but I cant seem to get all the records from the ODB.
Have you clicked the Data to Fields button in the Table Data toolbar?

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker