Posted to user@chukwa.apache.org by IvyTang <iv...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/28 09:56:03 UTC

More about the removing of duplicate chunks

Thanks to the simple archiver , we do remove almost all the duplicate
chunks.

But we found that there are still few ,very few duplicate chunks left .

And strangely , these chunks's key are't the same. The DataType,StreamName
and SeqId are the same , but the TimePartition are different. The log in
these chunks are the same.

Could we just distinguish the duplicate chunks using
the DataType,StreamName and SeqId ? What's the TimePartition meaning for?

Thanks!

--
Best regards,

Ivy Tang

Re: More about the removing of duplicate chunks

Posted by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com>.
TimePartition is showing you when the data showed up.

I think SeqID + StreamName is the right thing to match on -- if the
data is re-collected later, but it's the same data, yeah, you want to
treat it as duplicate.

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department