Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Algirdas P. Veitas" <av...@allesta.com> on 2004/03/17 01:22:33 UTC

not being downloaded

Hello,

I am very new to Maven and am having trouble with the downloading of the
dependencies we have set up in our project.xml.

At this point, it looks like Maven does not even recognize these
dependencies and hence they are not being downloaded.....Configuration
below, we are running this on a Windows XP machine.

project.xml looks like the following:

<project>
    <id>product</id>
    <currentVersion>1.0</currentVersion>
    <build>
        <sourceDirectory>${basedir}/src/</sourceDirectory>
	<unitTestSourceDirectory>${basedir}/test/</unitTestSourceDirectory>
	<dependencies>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>lib</groupId>
			<artifactId>xsdlib</artifactId>
			<version>1.0</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>lib</groupId>
			<artifactId>jms</artifactId>
			<version>1.0</version>
		</dependency>
	</dependencies>
    </build>
</project>

and project.properties looks like:

maven.compile.source=1.4
maven.compile.target=1.4
maven.repo.remote=http://localhost:8080/jar-
repo/,http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/

We have a local Tomcat server that should be serving up our jar files and we
are assuming that Maven is looking for our to jar files at the following
locations:

http://localhost:8080/jar-repo/lib/jars/xsdlib-1.0.jar
http://localhost:8080/jar-repo/lib/jars/jms-1.0.jar

Are we missing something here?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
 Al

Re: not being downloaded

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Read the 'Project Descriptor' document:
http://maven.apache.org/reference/project-descriptor.html

In it you'll see that the 'dependencies' element is not contained within
the build element. Move it outside.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

"Algirdas P. Veitas" <av...@allesta.com> wrote on 17/03/2004 11:22:33