Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Tomsic <pt...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/26 20:49:45 UTC

tomcat 4.1.10 error in opening zip file, cannot start, help?

When I try to start tomcat,
the start looks like it worked, but it doesn't.
In the catalina.out file I'm getting:

(thoughts?)

java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
        at
java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:112)
        at
java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:117)
        at
java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:55)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.addRepositoryInternal(
StandardClassLoader.java:1082)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.<init>(StandardClassLo
ader.java:200)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.createClassLoader(Clas
sLoaderFactory.java:202)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:140)
Bootstrap: Class loader creation threw exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
addRepositoryInternal: java.util.zip.ZipExce
ption: error in opening zip file
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.addRepositoryInternal(
StandardClassLoader.java:1110)

Re: tomcat 4.1.10 error in opening zip file, cannot start, help?

Posted by Dennis Muhlestein <de...@zserve.com>.
I had the same problem because I had a jar file that was actually a
symlink to a jar file.  Problem was the target of the sym link was
deleted.

Posted by Brad Plies <pl...@yahoo.com>.
I've had the same problem with some .jar files before.
 The problem, in my case, was that I downloaded those
files via a web-browser (Netscape)
which for some reason corrupts them sometimes.  I
recommend re-acquiring the .zip file via ftp if you
have not tried that already.

In fact that backtrace looks pretty familiar.  The
corruption in the file makes for some funky arguments
to the decoder, which barfs like that.