Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org> on 2020/03/27 07:35:22 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Flink Stateful Functions Release 2.0.0, release candidate #2

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #2 for the version 2.0.0 of
Apache Flink Stateful Functions,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

**Testing Guideline**

You can find here [1] a doc that we can use for collaborating testing
efforts.
The listed testing tasks in the doc also serve as a guideline in what to
test for this release.
If you wish to take ownership of a testing task, simply put your name down
in the "Checked by" field of the task.

**Release Overview**

As an overview, the release consists of the following:
a) Stateful Functions canonical source distribution, to be deployed to the
release repository at dist.apache.org
b) Stateful Functions Python SDK distributions to be deployed to PyPI
c) Maven artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository

**Staging Areas to Review**

The staging areas containing the above mentioned artifacts are as follows,
for your review:
* All artifacts for a) and b) can be found in the corresponding dev
repository at dist.apache.org [2]
* All artifacts for c) can be found at the Apache Nexus Repository [3]

All artifacts are singed with the
key 1C1E2394D3194E1944613488F320986D35C33D6A [4]

Other links for your review:
* JIRA release notes [5]
* source code tag "release-2.0.0-rc2" [6] [7]

**Extra Remarks**

* Part of the release is also official Docker images for Stateful
Functions. This can be a separate process, since the creation of those
relies on the fact that we have distribution jars already deployed to
Maven. I will follow-up with this after these artifacts are officially
released.
In the meantime, there is this discussion [8] ongoing about where to host
the StateFun Dockerfiles.
* The Flink Website and blog post is also being worked on (by Marta) as
part of the release, to incorporate the new Stateful Functions project. We
can follow up with a link to those changes afterwards in this vote thread,
but that would not block you to test and cast your votes already.
* Since the Flink website changes are still being worked on, you will not
yet be able to find the Stateful Functions docs from there. Here are the
links [9] [10].

**Vote Duration**

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours *(target end date is next
Tuesday, April 31).*
It is adopted by majority approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Gordon

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P9yjwSbPQtul0z2AXMnVolWQbzhxs68suJvzR6xMjcs/edit?usp=sharing
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-statefun-2.0.0-rc2/
[3] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1340/
[4] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[5]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12346878
[6]
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flink-statefun.git;a=commit;h=14ce58048a3dda792f2329cf14d30aa952f6cb24
[7] https://github.com/apache/flink-statefun/tree/release-2.0.0-rc2
[8]
http://apache-flink-mailing-list-archive.1008284.n3.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Creating-a-new-repo-to-host-Stateful-Functions-Dockerfiles-td39342.html
[9] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-statefun-docs-master/
[10] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-statefun-docs-release-2.0/

TIP: You can create a `settings.xml` file with these contents:

"""
<settings>
  <activeProfiles>
    <activeProfile>flink-statefun-2.0.0</activeProfile>
  </activeProfiles>
  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <id>flink-statefun-2.0.0</id>
      <repositories>
        <repository>
          <id>flink-statefun-2.0.0</id>
          <url>
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1340/
</url>
        </repository>
        <repository>
          <id>archetype</id>
          <url>
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1340/
</url>
        </repository>
      </repositories>
    </profile>
  </profiles>
</settings>
"""

And reference that in you maven commands via `--settings
path/to/settings.xml`.
This is useful for creating a quickstart based on the staged release and
for building against the staged jars.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Flink Stateful Functions Release 2.0.0, release candidate #2

Posted by Hequn Cheng <he...@apache.org>.
Thanks a lot for such a quick update! @Gordon

Best, Hequn

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.