Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Biren <bi...@servicenow.com> on 2017/11/21 03:03:09 UTC

Adding user attribute after node has started

Hi,

1) Can we add/update user attribute after the node has started?
2) If we want to run jobs using compute or start a cache on specific nodes
in the cluster then how can we do that?

-Biren

Re: Adding user attribute after node has started

Posted by afedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Node attributes can be added only before node startup.

To start a cache on specific nodes you could use
CacheConfiguration#setNodeFilter

Ignite#compute(org.apache.ignite.cluster.ClusterGroup) accepts a cluster
group which could be, for example ignite.cluster().forAttribute(...).
As well, you could use IgniteCompute#affinityCall or
IgniteCompute#affinityRun.

Kind regards,
Alex