Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Programozás <pr...@hotmail.com> on 2004/01/22 15:50:13 UTC

AbstractComponent

Hello,

I would like to subclass AbstractComponent. How can I use exisiting components (for example ActionLink) when I render my component?

Thanks,
Norbi

RE: AbstractComponent

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
Subclass BaseComponent and use a template.  Direct subclasses of AbstractComponent  are for
components that don't have a template.

Another option: I often see people want to use an ActionLink or a DirectLink inside another
component when what they really want is to access the action or direct service and construct a URL
back to their component; pehaps you should expand on what you are trying to accomplish.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components