Posted to builds@apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2009/07/29 12:51:45 UTC

freeing up space on hudson.zones

hi Infra.  as far as I can tell, all builds have been failing on
Hudson for the last couple of days due to this out-of-space condition.
 I've removed the backups of the home dirs, but it hasn't resolved it.
  As before, "zone-level" df indicates plenty of free space, but I
guess it's the "backing" zfs volume that's full.  Is there anything I
can do to resolve this, or does it need infra fixing?

 I'm hesitant to remove historic build logs, as there's no indication
yet that that would help, and I know we in SA tend to link to those in
our bug reports (as a "safe", public example of test failure) when
issues arise; I think it's likely other projects do the same.

--
--j.

Re: freeing up space on hudson.zones

Posted by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org>.
hmm

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 14:50, Mads Toftum<ma...@toftum.dk> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 02:04:42PM +0200, Mads Toftum wrote:
>> There is free space. Just to test, I ran mkfile of 1g as the hudson user
>> in that dir. No problem. Plonking in a 25G file in the same zpool worked
>> just as well.
>>
> Closer looking found the confluence-test zone soaking most of memory on
> the machine. That's been stopped now and by the looks of it, resource
> usage in the hudson zone is up.

Aha. that could explain it.  the ENOSPC errors I was seeing were
probably referring to OOM conditions (confusingly).

Posted by Mads Toftum <ma...@toftum.dk>.
On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 02:04:42PM +0200, Mads Toftum wrote:
> There is free space. Just to test, I ran mkfile of 1g as the hudson user
> in that dir. No problem. Plonking in a 25G file in the same zpool worked
> just as well.

Closer looking found the confluence-test zone soaking most of memory on
the machine. That's been stopped now and by the looks of it, resource
usage in the hudson zone is up.

vh

Mads Toftum
--
http://soulfood.dk

Re: freeing up space on hudson.zones

Posted by Mads Toftum <ma...@toftum.dk>.
On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 11:51:45AM +0100, Justin Mason wrote:
> hi Infra.  as far as I can tell, all builds have been failing on
> Hudson for the last couple of days due to this out-of-space condition.
>  I've removed the backups of the home dirs, but it hasn't resolved it.
>   As before, "zone-level" df indicates plenty of free space, but I
> guess it's the "backing" zfs volume that's full.  Is there anything I
> can do to resolve this, or does it need infra fixing?

There is free space. Just to test, I ran mkfile of 1g as the hudson user
in that dir. No problem. Plonking in a 25G file in the same zpool worked
just as well.

Settings:

# zfs get all zonestorage/hudson
NAME                PROPERTY       VALUE                  SOURCE
zonestorage/hudson  type           filesystem             -
zonestorage/hudson  creation       Thu Jan 17 16:36 2008  -
zonestorage/hudson  used           189G                   -
zonestorage/hudson  available      220G                   -
zonestorage/hudson  referenced     189G                   -
zonestorage/hudson  compressratio  1.00x                  -
zonestorage/hudson  mounted        yes                    -
zonestorage/hudson  quota          none                   default
zonestorage/hudson  reservation    none                   default
zonestorage/hudson  recordsize     128K                   default
zonestorage/hudson  mountpoint     /zonestorage/hudson    default
zonestorage/hudson  sharenfs       off                    default
zonestorage/hudson  checksum       on                     default
zonestorage/hudson  compression    off                    default
zonestorage/hudson  atime          on                     default
zonestorage/hudson  devices        off                    temporary
zonestorage/hudson  exec           on                     default
zonestorage/hudson  setuid         on                     default
zonestorage/hudson  readonly       off                    default
zonestorage/hudson  zoned          on                     local
zonestorage/hudson  snapdir        hidden                 default
zonestorage/hudson  aclmode        groupmask              default
zonestorage/hudson  aclinherit     secure                 default
zonestorage/hudson  canmount       on                     default
zonestorage/hudson  shareiscsi     off                    default
zonestorage/hudson  xattr          on                     default

vh

Mads Toftum
--
http://soulfood.dk