Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Michael Van <mv...@comcast.net> on 2011/07/06 06:07:32 UTC

Build instructions out-of-date or woefully unclear.

After perusing the Apache Servicemix website, I noticed that the build
instructions there appeared to be for Servicemix 3.x.  As SMX is currently
at the 4.3 release, I was confused. So, I looked at the SMX svn repository,
and saw not only a 4.x branch but also a 5.0 branch. Could someone please
verify exactly what is needed to build the current version of SMX?

Re: Build instructions out-of-date or woefully unclear.

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

Thanks for reporting this - we're currently working towards a new
website to address the many issues we have with the current one and
the documentation that we have.  In the new website, we currently have
a (work-in-progress) page that lists which subprojects/components
belong to which version of ServiceMix, with a separate page for all of
them with building instructions and information about the SCM
locations.  You can preview it at
http://servicemix.apache.org/staging/developers/source.html and we
would obviously welcome any feedback!

Regards,