Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by ttabbal <tr...@tabbal.net> on 2008/01/15 22:42:12 UTC

CXF Java First Example?

We are attempting to use CXF under Servicemix 3.2.1 and are unable to get a
working Service Assembly. We are using cxf-bc and cxf-se but can't seem to
get them talking to each other. Does anyone have a working example of an
annotated java-first Service Assembly JBI they can post the full source for?
Even something as simple as hello world would be great.

Re: AW: HelloWorld problem with 3.2.1

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 17, 2008 8:40 AM,  <ma...@uk.bnpparibas.com> wrote:
> Bruce
>     do we nee dto get latest version, as i was using the one that came
> with official release 3.2.1 and it complained......

Yeah, I just looked and this appears to be an issue in the 3.2 branch.
Please file a JIRA issue about it and I'll fix it so it will make it
into a 3.2.2 release.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: AW: HelloWorld problem with 3.2.1

Posted by ma...@uk.bnpparibas.com.
Bruce
    do we nee dto get latest version, as i was using the one that came
with official release 3.2.1 and it complained......

regards
 marco

Internet
bruce.snyder@gmail.com

17/01/2008 15:27
Please respond to
users@servicemix.apache.org

users
cc

Subject

On Jan 17, 2008 2:06 AM,  <ma...@uk.bnpparibas.com> wrote:
> hello,
>   will certainly do it as soon as i go thru it :)

I've updated the tutorial to upgrade the version numbers and explain
that the Bootstrap class is no longer needed.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print
unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

This communication is confidential, may be privileged and is meant only for the intended recipient.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply and delete this message from your system.  Any
unauthorised dissemination, distribution or copying hereof is prohibited.

BNP Paribas Fund Services UK Limited, BNP Paribas Trust Corporation UK Limited, BNP Paribas UK Limited,
BNP Paribas Commodity Futures Ltd and Investment Fund Services Limited are authorised and regulated by
the Financial Services Authority.

BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Securities Services and BNP Paribas Private Bank are authorised by the CECEI
and AMF.  BNP Paribas London Branch, BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch and BNP Paribas
Private Bank London Branch are regulated by the Financial Services Authority for the conduct of their UK
business.  BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is also a member of the London Stock Exchange.

Re: AW: HelloWorld problem with 3.2.1

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 17, 2008 2:06 AM,  <ma...@uk.bnpparibas.com> wrote:
> hello,
>   will certainly do it as soon as i go thru it :)

I've updated the tutorial to upgrade the version numbers and explain
that the Bootstrap class is no longer needed.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: AW: HelloWorld problem with 3.2.1

Posted by ma...@uk.bnpparibas.com.
hello,
  will certainly do it as soon as i go thru it :)

regards
  marco

Internet
gnodet@gmail.com

16/01/2008 19:21
Please respond to
users@servicemix.apache.org

users
cc

Subject
Re: AW: HelloWorld problem with 3.2.1

Any help for updating the tutorial is welcome ;-)
You should be able to update it by clicking on the "edit" link at the
bottom
of the page if you want to do so.

On Jan 16, 2008 6:57 PM, <ma...@uk.bnpparibas.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>   yes that what i guessed... thx for confirming that
>
> Bruce (Snyder) reply to one of my mail mentioning that in 3.2.1
bootstrap
> is not needed.... i'd probably have tob uild from sources........
>
> yep got that feeling (tutorial not up to date)  too.......
>
> anyway, the great victories are all obtained thru suffering :))
>
> regards
>  marco
>

> Internet
> Roland.Sperl@METAFINANZ.DE
>
> 16/01/2008 17:43
> Please respond to
> users@servicemix.apache.org

> users
> cc
>
> Subject
> AW: HelloWorld problem with 3.2.1
>

> Hello Marco,
>
> nice to hear from you again! ;-) I think I could help you.
>
> If you replace this version number the Bootstrap.class would not be
> generated. Leave the old version number (3.1.2) and you get what you
want.
> It compiles and could be deployed.
>
> I have the feeling that much more changed with version 3.2.1 and the
> tutorials are not up to date at the moment.
>
> Regards
> Roland

C:\apache-servicemix-3.2.1\hotdeploy\hello-world-se-1.0-SNAPSHOT-installer
> [...]
> this message from your system.  Any
> unauthorised dissemination, distribution or copying hereof is
prohibited.

> BNP Paribas Fund Services UK Limited, BNP Paribas Trust Corporation UK
> Limited, BNP Paribas UK Limited,
> BNP Paribas Commodity Futures Ltd and Investment Fund Services Limited
are
> authorised and regulated by
> the Financial Services Authority.
>
> BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Securities Services and BNP Paribas Private
Bank
> are authorised by the CECEI
> and AMF.  BNP Paribas London Branch, BNP Paribas Securities Services
> London Branch and BNP Paribas
> Private Bank London Branch are regulated by the Financial Services
> Authority for the conduct of their UK
> business.  BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is also a

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Re: CXF Java First Example?

Posted by ttabbal <tr...@tabbal.net>.
Thanks Chris. I was wondering if you could clarify this line from the source
you posted:

targetService="order:OrderServiceImplService"

It came from this block in the xbean.xml file from the order-http-su module.

  <cxfbc:consumer wsdl="classpath:orderService.wsdl"
                  targetService="order:OrderServiceImplService"
                  targetInterface="order:OrderService" />

I don't see a reference to "OrderServiceImplService" anywhere in the source
or the generated WSDL file. Can you explain what this is for and where it
came from? I have the Implementation class "OrderServiceImpl", but it's
@WebService annotation says it should be known as "OrderService", which
makes sense as it's implementing the "OrderService" interface and should
probably keep that name.

I'll try to build a clean source package and post that as well. The one I
have is so messed up right now I'm not sure what's what anymore.

Re: CXF Java First Example?

Posted by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org>.

Re: CXF Java First Example?

Posted by ttabbal <tr...@tabbal.net>.