Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Arvid Heise <ar...@apache.org> on 2021/08/18 12:58:48 UTC

[DISCUSS] Merge Kafka-related PRs after feature freeze

Dear devs,

we would like to merge these PRs after features freeze:
FLINK-23838: Add FLIP-33 metrics to new KafkaSink [1]
FLINK-23801: Add FLIP-33 metrics to KafkaSource [2]
FLINK-23640: Create a KafkaRecordSerializationSchemas builder [3]

All of the 3 PRs are smaller quality of life improvements that are purely
implemented in flink-connector-kafka, so the risk in merging them is
minimal in terms of production stability. They also reuse existing test
infrastructure, so I expect little impact on the test stability.

We are still polishing the PRs and would be ready to merge them on Friday
when the objection period would be over.

Happy to hear your thoughts,

Arvid

[1] https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/16875
[2] https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/16838
[3] https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/16783

Re: [DISCUSS] Merge Kafka-related PRs after feature freeze

Posted by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for starting this discussion, Arvid.

I'd be fine with merging them, as long as there's no other objections and
the PRs are ready for merging on Friday. If this takes more time than that,
I'd rather consider it as a distraction for the release stabilization and
should be moved to the next release.

Thank you~

Xintong Song