Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Dan Poirier <po...@pobox.com> on 2010/05/05 13:47:44 UTC

Re: svn commit: r940824 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/error/

I went ahead and committed this patch for the Polish translation of the
error document pages, since the first version was submitted several
years ago and had not been picked up.  Should someone review it?  And
what's the process for backporting this kind of change to 2.2, I'm
guessing it's CTR but wanted to check first?

Thanks,
Dan

Re: svn commit: r940824 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/error/

Posted by Dan Poirier <po...@pobox.com>.
On 2010-05-05 at 08:25, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> On May 5, 2010, at 7:47 AM, Dan Poirier wrote:
>
>> I went ahead and committed this patch for the Polish translation of
>> the
>> error document pages, since the first version was submitted several
>> years ago and had not been picked up.  Should someone review it?  And
>> what's the process for backporting this kind of change to 2.2, I'm
>> guessing it's CTR but wanted to check first?
>
> We've always operated in CTR for documentation, even for released
> versions. I haven't been doing much in the 2.2 docs lately - mostly I
> just forgot - but we've always had pretty much a free hand to backport
> doc changes to older versions.

Well, it looks like to backport this cleanly, I'd first need to backport
at least three earlier revisions, including a mass change from other
char sets to UTF-8, so I think I'll just leave it in trunk.

Re: svn commit: r940824 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/error/

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On May 5, 2010, at 7:47 AM, Dan Poirier wrote:

> I went ahead and committed this patch for the Polish translation of
> the
> error document pages, since the first version was submitted several
> years ago and had not been picked up.  Should someone review it?  And
> what's the process for backporting this kind of change to 2.2, I'm
> guessing it's CTR but wanted to check first?

We've always operated in CTR for documentation, even for released
versions. I haven't been doing much in the 2.2 docs lately - mostly I
just forgot - but we've always had pretty much a free hand to backport
doc changes to older versions.

Yeah, it should get reviewed, if you happen to know some native Polish
speakers with some technical vocabulary.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com