Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2003/11/06 09:37:29 UTC

[Vote] Using Bugzilla

I think we need a place where users can start adding bugs,
patch etc. So I suggest that we start using bugzilla for it
and add our project.

Please vote for it:

Here is my +1

Carsten

RE: [Vote] Using Bugzilla

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Ok, we have four +1 for bugzilla.
>
> It seems that Jira can be used in the near future as well; as
> some of you seem to prefer Jira, we could either wait until
> Jira is usable for us, or start using bugzilla now.
>
> What do you think?

The number of Jakarta projects trying to move away from Bugzilla seems to
be growing. Some are moving to Scarab, others to Jira. I haven't used
either of those, but I am a long way from being a fan of Bugzilla. ;-)

One factor that is also worth bearing in mind is that it would be good for
Pluto to use the same bug database as Jetspeed 2. That will make it much
easier to reassign bugs either way if they are reported against the wrong
project. I know that Jetspeed 1.x uses Bugzilla, but I don't know about
Jetspeed 2 (since there isn't a Bugzilla entry for that at this time).

--
Martin Cooper

RE: [Vote] Using Bugzilla

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

RE: [Vote] Using Bugzilla

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Glenn R. Golden wrote:

> Sounds ok to me.
>
> +1
>
> Does anyone know how to setup the project to use it?

Not yet, but I think I have enough karma and I would take care
of it.

> Also, we should probably track two separate things:
>
> Pluto, the jsr 168 reference implementation of a Portlet container,
>
> and
>
> Pluto, the test portal engine.

Yes, we can add different "subprojects" to bugzilla.

> And perhaps we should NOT be taking requests or doing development
> against the portal engine side, since I don't think we want to develop
> that *at all*, beyond fixing anything that's currently critically not
> working.  This is a tricky area, but I don't thing we want Pluto to
> have a portal engine.  That's for Jetspeed and the other projects.  The
> Pluto "clients".

Agreed, but we should of course accept (as you outlined) bugs for it
as well.

Carsten

Re: [Vote] Using Bugzilla

Posted by "Glenn R. Golden" <gg...@umich.edu>.
Sounds ok to me.

+1

Does anyone know how to setup the project to use it?

Also, we should probably track two separate things:

Pluto, the jsr 168 reference implementation of a Portlet container,

and

Pluto, the test portal engine.

And perhaps we should NOT be taking requests or doing development
against the portal engine side, since I don't think we want to develop
that *at all*, beyond fixing anything that's currently critically not
working.  This is a tricky area, but I don't thing we want Pluto to
have a portal engine.  That's for Jetspeed and the other projects.  The
Pluto "clients".

- Glenn

Re: [Vote] Using Bugzilla

Posted by Jean-François El Fouly <je...@elfouly.nom.fr>.
Why not use Scarab instead ?
Though not finished, it provides better functionalities.
And I'm pretty sure there used to be an install on one of the Jakarta
servers (nagoya ?) [sorry if I'm mistaken].