Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Geoffry Roberts <th...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/31 21:45:48 UTC

Question on how Accumulo binds to Hadoop

I have a situation where Accumulo cannot find Hadoop.

Hadoop is running and I can access hdfs from the cli.
Zookeeper also says it is ok and I can log in using the client.
Accumulo init is failing with a connection refused for localhost:9000.

netstat shows nothing listening on 9000.

Now the plot thickens...

The Hadoop I am running is Google's Dataproc and the Hadoop installation is
not my own.  I have already found a number of differences.

Here's my question:  Does Accumulo use RPC to talk to Hadoop? I ask because
of things like this:

From hfs-site.xml

  <property>

    <name>dfs.namenode.rpc-address</name>

    <value>haz0-m:8020</value>

    <description>

      RPC address that handles all clients requests. If empty then we'll get

      thevalue from fs.default.name.The value of this property will take the

      form of hdfs://nn-host1:rpc-port.

    </description>

  </property>

Or does it use something else?

Thanks
--
There are ways and there are ways,

Geoffry Roberts

Re: Question on how Accumulo binds to Hadoop

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 2:00 PM Geoffry Roberts <th...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> >> It's better if you explicitly specify on the command line the ZK entry
> point.
>
> Can you give an example?

bin/accumulo shell -u root -zh zoohost1:2181,zoohost2:2181,zoohost3:2181
-zi myInstance

You can also put a client configuration file containing the following in
~/.accumulo/client.conf:

instance.zookeeper.host=zoohost1:2181,zoohost2:2181,zoohost3:2181
instance.name=myInstance

Posted by Geoffry Roberts <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Posted by Geoffry Roberts <th...@gmail.com>.