Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com> on 2015/12/04 23:58:14 UTC

Feature freeze ACS 4.7 next Monday

Hi all,

Next Monday we'll feature freeze for our upcoming 4.7 release. We looked through all open Pull Requests and below is our "whish list" to get in 4.7. Feel free to nominate any other changes that should go in 4.7. No guarantees, there is limited time so only PRs that we actively work on will make it.

The RC of 4.7.0 is scheduled for Monday Dec 14th so that we all will have a nice Christmas present ;-)

Please help us review these PRs. Most have already had some review and when we can reach 2xLGTM we can include them in 4.7 on time and make another great release.

Happy testing and reviewing!

Regards,
Daan & Remi

Features & Fixes PRs:

Quota

Logging enhancement

VMware diskcontrollers

ACS allows to create isolated networks with invalid gateway ip

Update nic IP address of stopped vm

Hypervisor changes to support UserData for Nuage VSP

Support shared networking in NiciraNVP Plugin

Strongswan vpn feature

VM Snapshotting implementation for KVM

Redundant VPC improvement
(PR will follow over the weekend)

UI PRs:

[UI] fix bug: Cannot delete SSH keypairs in projects

UI icon over VM snapshot to deploy user instance

Newly added project is not showing in the drop down until the browser is refreshed

Re: Feature freeze ACS 4.7 next Monday

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
Agree!

Sent from my iPhone

On 07 Dec 2015, at 06:26, Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>> wrote:

Hi Remi/Daan,

There are some fixes that might take time today for testing, review and merge today. While we’ll try our best, can we announce freezing of master branch at EOD/today (7th Dec 2015) so we’ll still have some time today and would allow us to include as many of the listed PRs as possible.

Cheers.

On 05-Dec-2015, at 4:28 AM, Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>> wrote:

[...]

Rohit Yadav
Software Architect

[cid:image003.png@01D122E8.F6EFE910]

S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540> | M: +91 88 262 30892<tel:+447770745036>

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/> | Twitter:@ShapeBlue<https://twitter.com/#!/shapeblue>

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: Feature freeze ACS 4.7 next Monday

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Yes

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President

Re: Feature freeze ACS 4.7 next Monday

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
 From Github links below seems to be Apache Cloud Stack

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
What is ACS?

Best regards,

Pierre

Op zaterdag 5 december 2015 heeft Ron Wheeler <
rwheeler@artifact-software.com> het volgende geschreven:

> This gives a bit of an insight about how another Apache project that
> builds a key infrastructure product, manages releases.
>
> They seem to have an organized process of deciding how and when new
> features get added.
>
> This also allows them to have a pattern of frequent releases so bug fixes
> get into an official release without having to backport everything.
>
> Ron

Pierre Smits

*OFBiz Extensions Marketplace*
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

Fwd: Feature freeze ACS 4.7 next Monday

Posted by Wilder Rodrigues <WR...@schubergphilis.com>.
Hi there cs user,

If you put some details on the PR about how to test it, I can help out and, perhaps, even write a test for it.

Cheers,
Wilder

> On 07 Dec 2015, at 15:09, cs user <ac...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Folks,
>
> Would anyone else be able to give
> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1037 a try at some point?
>
> Quite a serious issue when running in clustered mode with Xen, and trying
> to perform VM migrations between hosts.
>
> Thanks!
>
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 12:08 PM, sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The rn repo contains a script that polls JIRA for a release filter and
>> generates the tables of issues fixed:
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-rn/blob/master/utils/jira.py
>>
>> but we are not tracking the ones that really are *features*….
>>
>> small detail that would be nice to sort out.
>>
>> On Dec 7, 2015, at 12:01 PM, Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Seb,
>>>
>>> Now that we merge everything and have a smaller scope, it should be
>> easier to get the list of pull requests that got in since 4.6.
>>>
>>> Quick attempt:
>>>
>>> git log --pretty=oneline --abbrev-commit upstream/4.6..master | grep
>> Merge | grep -v release | grep -v 4\.6 | awk {'print $5'} | sed s/\#//g |
>> sort -n
>>>
>>> 801
>>> 834
>>> 840
>>> 841
>>> 850
>>> 929
>>> 935
>>> 937
>>> 942
>>> 943
>>> 944
>>> 1007
>>> 1013
>>> 1018
>>> 1019
>>> 1021
>>> 1035
>>> 1038
>>> 1049
>>> 1051
>>> 1057
>>> 1065
>>> 1068
>>> 1069
>>> 1071
>>> 1083
>>> 1084
>>> 1086
>>> 1092
>>> 1100
>>> 1102
>>> 1107
>>> 1108
>>> 1110
>>> 1118
>>> 1122
>>> 1128
>>> 1129
>>> 1137
>>> 1139
>>> 1140
>>> 1143
>>> 1167
>>> 1172

Posted by cs user <ac...@gmail.com>.
Hi Folks,

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
Hi Seb,

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Rohit, Sebastien,

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi all,

List of pending PRs from Remi’s list (good to see we nailed down some of them during the weekend):

Strongswan vpn feature

Quota

VMware diskcontrollers

ACS allows to create isolated networks with invalid gateway ip

Hypervisor changes to support UserData for Nuage VSP

Support shared networking in NiciraNVP Plugin

VM Snapshotting implementation for KVM

Redundant VPC improvement
(PR will follow over the weekend)

UI PRs:

UI icon over VM snapshot to deploy user instance

Newly added project is not showing in the drop down until the browser is refreshed

On 05-Dec-2015, at 6:50 PM, Wilder Rodrigues <WR...@schubergphilis.com>> wrote:

I'm loving it!

Hopefully the rVPC Private Gateway will be fixed within the next hour! Few things were not anticipated on the Java side of the code. I have already refactored the NicProfileHelper and some other classes. Deploying a DC and will test it soon.

Cheers,
Wilder

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Wilder Rodrigues <WR...@schubergphilis.com>.